Talk

Advanced search

I am very sad I have spent the morning wrapping Christmas gifts!!

(11 Posts)
dyzzidi Tue 04-Oct-11 12:23:12

I have been wrapping since nine this morning. In my defence i needed to get all the Christmas presents I have been buying throughout the year out of the loft so I know what I have and what i need to buy for Christmas.

I thought I may as well wrap and bag things! I am doing loads better than I thought for kids presents so will probably be able to ebay some excess gifts and get some cash in for the present i need to buy for the adults!

Is anyone else as sad as me!

mogs0 Tue 04-Oct-11 13:30:30

That's very organised!

I don't wrap anything until the last minute otherwise I forget what I've bought grin.

Uglymush Tue 04-Oct-11 13:33:04

can I say it is very sad, but if you would like to organise my Christmas please feel free!

ENormaSnob Tue 04-Oct-11 13:38:15

I can't do any wrapping until December as its not christmassy otherwise.

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 04-Oct-11 13:39:22

Why not start wrapping in June if you want to be organised?

girlywhirly Tue 04-Oct-11 13:56:53

We used to visit relatives at autumn half-term, and mum always took all their Christmas presents then. She had quite a few great nieces and nephews, and the gifts were deposited at the grandparents of each family until Christmas.
She had to be super organised too, and I used to help her wrap them.

LordOfTheFlies Tue 04-Oct-11 20:01:32

Mine is usually a last minute wrap as well (though one year I was in the kitchen wrapping on Christmas Eve. Never again)
Now I try to get it done before DCs finish school.

Got some nice paper from Costco.They had a huuuuuge roll, but it was all one colour.Or 4 different rolls, which I bought.DCs can't have the same paper.Too confusing grin

spottypancake Tue 04-Oct-11 20:03:59

I have been wrapping today!!

Lots of people to buy for, lots of thinking so best to get it done now. Last dec, we had flu so I am organised in case same happens!

Blu Tue 04-Oct-11 20:07:44

Bibbity -I find it best to not allow anyone to unwrap anything, so it can all be used again the following year without all that messy ripped paper, and waste of sellotape.

Actually, we have been so organised we had 7 christmasses in one go 3 years ago so I am 4 years ahead of myself in organisation terms.

But am worried about getting behind for 2015, so might do that Christmas this year, just to be in the safe side.

25goingon95 Tue 04-Oct-11 20:07:49

No no no no!!! You can't wrap until you have the decs and tree up!! And christmas films on the tv, nice glass of mulled wine!! All festive and exciting!!

Can't believe you wrapped most of your gifts at the start of october shock

On the other hand, at least that is one less job for you to do i guess..

olibeansmummy Tue 04-Oct-11 21:57:23

I hope you write a list so you remember what you've bought! I'm waiting til the first day after we break up from school ( I'm a ta) as ds will go to nursery for a few more days while I prepare and recover from this manic term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now