Talk

Advanced search

So dd wants one of those secret diary things..

(16 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Mon 03-Oct-11 23:05:43

I mean REALLY wants one - you know those electronic thingies - completely been suckered in by the advertising. She wants the disney princess version hmm. All I can read are rubbish reviews - are there any decent versions or are they all crap. Am I just gonna have to suck it up and buy it knowing it'll probably break within 2 days..

PeriPathetic Mon 03-Oct-11 23:59:59

I don't think it will break... but it doesn't recognise the voice very well. DD has one somewhere in a pile of crap . She had heaps of problems remembering the exact tone of voice she used to set the password and got frustrated with it very quickly.

And I could make it open by squeaking in a childlike voice which really pissed her off grin

As long as you're prepared for this, you should be ok wink

KatharineClifton Tue 04-Oct-11 00:44:47

They are shite. Luckily I picked up one in a charity shop. Probably because it was shite.

Try eBay.

WhereDidAllThePuffinsGo Tue 04-Oct-11 10:54:48

Yep, look on ebay. And keep a biro handy to press in the reset button when she can't open it.

They are total crap. They're also the toy that she'll remember for ever if she doesn't get one.

Dd never uses hers (takes too long to persuade it open) but she still loves the fact that she owns it!

anniemac Tue 04-Oct-11 11:46:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 04-Oct-11 11:56:14

DD wants one as well. She "wrote" her christmas list for Father Christmas at the weekend (nothing like being early !) and the diary was the only thing on it. It looks like shite pink plastic tat to me but then I'm not a 4 year old

curlycat Tue 04-Oct-11 19:23:37

my dd has had 2 of them and both were total and utter rubbish - it obviously didn't understand our accent and no matter what password we gave it it would never bloody open!

bunnyspoiler Tue 04-Oct-11 19:47:07

there is a hello kitty version that works on a code you input. it's unbreakable and very cute. The barbie one opens with a magnetic bracelet, that also works fine.

scrappydappydoo Tue 04-Oct-11 19:47:17

The one she wants isn't voice activated so thats a bonus hmm I think I might farm it out to a relative.

wheredidallthepuffinsgo you're right she'll remember it forever and end up nostalgically buying one on ebay for her dd in the future - so who am I to deprive her of that experience wink

girlywhirly Wed 05-Oct-11 09:54:13

I think every child should have the opportunity to learn that not all toys are as good as they are presented on the adverts. And have at least one toy that their parents think is utter rubbish!

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 05-Oct-11 10:56:52

I agree girlywhirly. Mr Frosty anyone ?? <<still bitter 25 years later>>

Appuskidu Wed 05-Oct-11 14:21:47

We have the HSM musical one which recognises a code-DD loves it!

Right with you on the Mr Frosty bitterness, Tilly!!

Appuskidu Wed 05-Oct-11 14:28:53

The one she wants isn't voice activated so thats a bonus

Which princess one doesn't need a code-I think DD2 would like one of these! Could you post a link?

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 05-Oct-11 14:44:37

this is the one dd wants . I'm pretty sure there's no code

DSD has the HSM one as well ... and loves it. I have the stupid song stuck in my head constantly smile

Appuskidu Wed 05-Oct-11 15:10:31

Hmmm, I can't decide between that and this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hello-Kitty-Friendship-passcode-feature/dp/B0046FHVB6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1317823808&sr=8-5

scrappydappydoo Wed 05-Oct-11 16:56:56

DD wants this one but actually looking at the other one that might be good to - the hello kitty one too - hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now