Talk

Advanced search

Is there a modern equivalent of a Speak and Spell?

(8 Posts)
iloveblue Mon 03-Oct-11 11:19:18

Hi
DS2 has just started Y1 - he's one of the youngest, only turning 5 in August, and is struggling with spellings at the moment.
My brother had a Speak and Spell when he was little for similar reasons and I would like to get something similar for DS2 for Christmas.

Had a very brief look but cant see anything.

There is always the possibility of buying a 2nd hand one from ebay - but just wondered if there was anything else on the market.

Thankyou

iloveblue Mon 03-Oct-11 21:57:51

Anyone? smile

glitch Mon 03-Oct-11 22:01:42

I'd forgotten all about speak & spell. I had one when I was young and a calculator game thing - Little professor or something? I can't remember.

How about this

iloveblue Mon 03-Oct-11 22:06:27

Thanks glitch. Definite possibility.
I remember the Little Professor too.

iloveblue Mon 03-Oct-11 22:08:07

I was looking at the Leapfrog Tag's too - but I'm not sure if they would help with spelling.

glitch Mon 03-Oct-11 22:09:12

LOL, showing our age!
Loving the idea of getting them again but I'd be so sad if my DS didn't like them. (I'm thinking I was a bit of a geek child!)

GwendolineMaryLacey Wed 05-Oct-11 17:50:57

I had the Speak&Spell and also a maths one called Major Morgan. Loved them, still have the S&S somewhere. TBH I can't see that there is anything better (that I know of). I'd get one from ebay, there are quite a few on there smile Must go and dig mine out, want to hear it say wubble-u instead of w grin

iloveblue Wed 05-Oct-11 20:21:22

I am tempted to get a vintage one from ebay - but they are quite pricey.

Can't seem to find anything similar that looks decent - definite gap in the market there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now