Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone suggest where to get a nice jewellery box for an 8 year old girl?

(10 Posts)
twinky Sun 02-Oct-11 10:05:25

Because this is what she's set her heart on for Christmas. Any ideas? Help much appreciated.

ToothlesstheDragon Sun 02-Oct-11 10:42:22

does she want an adult style jewellery box, or typical little girl one complete with ballerina/music?

very girly but a little bit more sophisticated

quite sweet

ballerina

does she like horses?

hope this helps a little smile good luck

lilolilmanchester Sun 02-Oct-11 10:42:28

Argos usually have a fair few. Any clues as to what sort of style?

curlycat Sun 02-Oct-11 18:22:16

i got my dd (10) a cram leather one in argos last year and she loves it. It looks like a basic box on the outside but when you opn it up there's loads of different compartments for all her jewlelry - she spends ages moving things from drawer to drawer. i also think it'll grow with her and not need replaced with a more grown up version once she's a bit oldersmile

celebmum Sun 02-Oct-11 18:59:52

Yep agree with curlycat, or one of those mirrored ones?

twinky Mon 03-Oct-11 10:03:52

Wow, so many replies. Thankyou so much everyone. I will have a look in the Argos catalogue as I think she's after an adult one really. She sounds like curlycats's daughter in that I think she wants to rearrange her hairbands in different drawers all the time grin. Thanks again.

startail Mon 03-Oct-11 10:09:50

Defiantly a nice adult one my DDs 10 while you might just have got away with cute at 8 you wouldn't now and nice boxes are expensive.

girlywhirly Mon 03-Oct-11 11:05:29

It's sometimes worth looking in a big M&S as they have jewel boxes.

noniks Mon 03-Oct-11 11:44:13

TK Maxx often have gorgeous beaded jewellery boxes - good price too!

PastGrace Mon 03-Oct-11 15:23:13

these are fab - you can pick the different drawers and then stack them all up, so you DD could not only move her hairbands around but move the layers around too! I got my friend one and she loves it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now