Talk

Advanced search

Where is the best Santa to visit in the UK?

(11 Posts)
chillaxdekax Fri 30-Sep-11 11:58:38

Hi we are thinking of planning a visit to the UK from Ireland as a treat for our LO's in December.They are 3,7,11 yrs old so i'm looking for something suitable for all ages.Can anyone tell me what is the best Santa visit you have experienced.

gregssausageroll Fri 30-Sep-11 13:14:46

Dobbies garden centres are usually good. The grotto at our local one last year was a bit lame but you can have breakfast with Santa which is great fun.

The deer centre close to where I live has been recommended to me but we have yet to go.

scaevola Fri 30-Sep-11 13:22:47

If Norfolk I'd any good for you, the Poppy Line Santa Express is consistently good. And there's always the Thursford Christmas Spectacular.

chillaxdekax Fri 30-Sep-11 13:39:59

Thanks for them suggestions i will have a look now. wink

scaevola Fri 30-Sep-11 13:56:12

I think a lot of the heritage steam railways do a Santa Special.

GreenMonkies Fri 30-Sep-11 13:58:09

The Thomas the Tank Engine Santa Special at Telford Steam Railway. Fabulous.

EdithWeston Fri 30-Sep-11 15:55:39

Is Harrods any good?

EdithWeston Fri 30-Sep-11 16:02:59

At Wansford (on A1 near Peterborough) there's the Nene Valley Railway Santa Special.

hambis Fri 30-Sep-11 16:03:01

Have heard Wookey hole caves are good at Christmas-not been at that time of year myself though...

Billster Wed 05-Oct-11 18:39:47

bump

makemineapinot Wed 05-Oct-11 20:27:03

The santa at Moulton College Garden centre in Northampton is fab! he is foreign (Austrian I think) and has a real white beard and hair so he looks and sounds like Santa - a real lapland accent!! He also has a big phone book covered in brown paper - inside some of the names are crossed out in red pen and it's the naughty/good list - the crossed uot names are the naughty ones and he checks just to amke sure your DC are on the good list!! Good presents and it's free - just a donation for cancer research. It really is lovely - and you get a free mince pie and mulled wine smilehe is sooooo authentic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now