Talk

Advanced search

I think I have finally decided what I am getting pretty much everyone!

(12 Posts)
onehellofaride Wed 28-Sep-11 10:21:56

I have 25 people to buy for which adds up to a lot of presents! Granted I haven't bought that much of it yet but still I know what I am getting and I am so happy about it.

Ok so the ones left to sort are:

DSis - 25 (about £25)
DSIL - 23 (about £25)
DFIL (about £25)
DGP (usually buy them seperate presents) (about £20 each)

Any ideas would be much appreciated! Also anyone who would like shamelessly brag talk about the fantastic presents they are buying/have bought for people this year feel free to join in!

gringringrin

paulapantsdown Wed 28-Sep-11 10:43:13

jesus wept - its not even October yet! I will come back to you third week of December! smile

onehellofaride Wed 28-Sep-11 10:44:58

I am usually like that but I go away for a weekend of Christmas shopping with my DM every year which involves alot more eating and drinking than it does shopping and last year I was too stressed to enjoy it as I didn't have a clue what I was looking for

LordOfTheFlies Wed 28-Sep-11 11:15:56

Absoloutly (sp) no help here_ I don't buy for adults.
MIL and mum get flowers.
DH chooses something computer/books from Amazon.
I choose something M&S/ QVC.-online

You are darned right to get it out of the way. Last minute Christmas shopping is not relaxing after you've got the first shopping bag to carry round.Trying to look at things, queue, keep your bag safe, find a cafe for a break. No thanks!

DH and I do a shopping day (DC at school) usually end Nov (Lakeside or Bluewater but this year might be Westfield Straford City). I buy DH lunch, he carries the bagsgrin

And paulapd -3rd week in December if we get all that flipping snow? Rather you than me!

ToffeePenny Wed 28-Sep-11 11:34:46

SILs are both getting personalised PJ bottoms from here:
www.firstcheer.com/cheerleading/clothing/pyjamas
(odd choice but I know they'll love them)
GPs always get luxury foods for boxing day breakfast - they love the wilkin & sons strawberry and champagne jam, potted shrimp, formans smoked salmon, duck eggs etc
FIL is the toughest - last year we got him an anolon frying pan (for his weekend fry-ups) and he loved it, a bread machine a few years back was also a winner.

onehellofaride Wed 28-Sep-11 15:02:51

lordoftheflies your present list sounds so simple and nice! Only wish we could do the same grin

toffee love the idea of the luxury foods

littlemagic Wed 28-Sep-11 19:02:06

Are u quite close with sis and sil. Would u know there style? Debenhams have got up to 50% off atm. How about getting them a nice handbag. They got some gorgeous one.

PonceyMcPonce Wed 28-Sep-11 19:04:59

WELL I was totally won over by personalised pjs for my dsis, but a 12-14 as a large, is not going to cut it. Bummer.

Any other suppliers?

Bonkerz Wed 28-Sep-11 19:05:12

We have had the Christmas talk with family. We are not buying adults (except SIL and Husband who have no children) and I have also decided I am doing stocking type gift bags for everyone this year to include smellys and anything else I see that is cheap but they will like.

Thefoxsbrush Wed 28-Sep-11 19:23:49

I'm buying my mil&fil a 'posh lunch' voucher for a nice local restaurant- kir royale on arrival, 3 course meal each, coffee and a bottle of wine. Not bad for £60!

My step-dad is getting some acdc memorabilia from eBay (his gave band)

Getting my mum a spa day at local hotel via groupon.

The teens/pre-teens are getting a popcorn bucket filled with sweets, popcorn, pop and appropriate DVDs.

My cousin in getting the inbetweeners box set (£13 on amazon- complete bargain!)

Grandparents will be getting some sort of photo gift-probably a calendar/photobook.

Ds1 (5) is getting a wii, dd1 (3) a dolls house and ds2 (1) a Thomas ride on.

My niece (aged 4) is getting a hello kitty themed hamper-I've just been picking up hello kitty bargains throughout the year and have quite a selection!

My DH will be getting something food related but I'm not sure what yet :-/ xx

gregssausageroll Wed 28-Sep-11 19:24:21

We are cutting right back this year too. Things like my cousin't children who got a gift each are getting soemthing they can share and a selection box.

MIL is getting and M&S hamper.

Easy peasy this year. I love the shops at christmas but only when I don't have to buy stuff. Online this year all the way.

chirpchirp Wed 28-Sep-11 20:27:53

Dsis/DSIL when I was early 20's I was happy with anything from Benefit, they usually do some really nice boxsets of eye make-up for christmas. Alternatively £25 would get them a nice manicuire at a nail bar etc.
DFIL usually gets a nice bottle of scotch.
GP's are a hard one. My Grandpa absolutely loved a Buster Keaton boxset that I got him one year as he remembered going to the pictures to see them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now