Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Happyland Rose Cottage?

(8 Posts)
ToothlesstheDragon Mon 26-Sep-11 20:20:52

Does anyone have this? DS (3) loves happyland toys. He's been playing with his happyland castle a lot really, and is pretending its a house, but there aren't many rooms in it, so i was thinking about getting him the rose cottage. Is it any good? I would get a dolls house, but i have a 7 month old dd as well and can imagine her deciding the furniture looks incredibly tasty.

Pigleychez Mon 26-Sep-11 22:08:46

Ive bought that for the girls for xmas ( along with a entire Happyland town!)
Ive had a little play (like you do!) and I know my 3yr old will love it!
The lots of little noises it makes make it so much fun.

Reduced in ELC at the mo too!

WhatWouldLeoDo Mon 26-Sep-11 22:59:54

I haven't looked at the rose cottage before, but DS (3.2) got the village set last year which has a house in it and he loves playing with that.

CocktailQueen Mon 26-Sep-11 23:10:21

It's fab - ds has loved it as much as dd!

SharonGless Tue 27-Sep-11 08:00:11

We have the non pink house that preceded rose cottage as I don't like the blue/pink divide in Elc
Both DS and DD love it and all the Happyland toys. Got most of mine on eBay though

Treats Tue 27-Sep-11 10:57:08

Bought it for my 1 yr old DD last year. She was (still is) a bit young for imaginative play, but she loved the tune that the telly made when you pressed the armchair and spent many happy hours admitting people through the front door.

The only thing I didn't like was the description on the side of the box about the characters - v. gender stereotyped.....

BedHog Tue 27-Sep-11 11:02:38

Isn't Rose Cottage the name that most hospitals use as a code word for their mortuary?

Could make for some interesting roleplay games....

ToothlesstheDragon Tue 27-Sep-11 11:55:34

from wikipedia = The euphemisms "Rose Cottage" and "Rainbow Room" are sometimes used in British hospitals to enable discussion in front of patients, the latter mainly for children.

sad might rename it unless it has rose cottage written all over it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now