Talk

Advanced search

what posh tea and coffee for christmas hampers?

(17 Posts)
AmaraDresden Mon 26-Sep-11 18:29:31

I'm doing hampers for several family members and wondering if any of you can reccomend which posh tea bags and instant coffee I can put in for the different tea and coffee fans.

I was all confused when browsing the shelves of Morrison's earlier! Thanks.

ToothlesstheDragon Mon 26-Sep-11 19:24:33

if you can find a brand called teapigs they are really nice and quite swish
here

zingzillachinchilla Mon 26-Sep-11 19:26:14

Oh yes - I second teapigs - lovely in a hamper!

meditrina Mon 26-Sep-11 19:32:30

I'm not sure instant and posh really go together for coffee. I'd go for bog standard Nescafe, or Carte Noire, or do some good with something from Traidcraft's selection. They do ethical teas too.

And the ultimate tea bags would be from Fortnums.

LalalalalalaSummerHoliday Mon 26-Sep-11 19:37:32

http://www.imperialteas.co.uk/

For seriously posh/impressive/just fab look at their flowering/display teas - really unusual.

You won't find instant coffee there, but their Christmas medium roast coffee is gorgeous.

hth

Isla77 Mon 26-Sep-11 19:56:22

Great idea to do a hamper Amara. Would love to do that for some of the relatives. What do you put in yours and where do you find the hampers? Hope you don't mind me asking.

AmaraDresden Mon 26-Sep-11 21:35:09

I know instant is greatly posh but nobody has a coffee machine despite enjoying coffee muchly.

Hi Isla, I'm doing them different for each person, the hampers are some wicker baskets I once stored cloth nappies in (clean of course!), I got them from Argos years ago but you could always check out pound shops for fair sized containers like buckets, pretty boxes etc.

For my DB and DSIL I am doing a bottle of homemade christmas vodka, blackberry vodka, tea, coffee, homemade jam, handcream, cuticle cream, facemasks, shower gels, lipbalms, and medium yankee candle jar along with an Amazon voucher.

For a neighbour it'll be less spendy, christmas pud vodka, jam, handcream, lip balm and spiced hot chocolate.

I'm having great fun making them a little different and on different budgets!

AmaraDresden Mon 26-Sep-11 21:35:09

I know instant is greatly posh but nobody has a coffee machine despite enjoying coffee muchly.

Hi Isla, I'm doing them different for each person, the hampers are some wicker baskets I once stored cloth nappies in (clean of course!), I got them from Argos years ago but you could always check out pound shops for fair sized containers like buckets, pretty boxes etc.

For my DB and DSIL I am doing a bottle of homemade christmas vodka, blackberry vodka, tea, coffee, homemade jam, handcream, cuticle cream, facemasks, shower gels, lipbalms, and medium yankee candle jar along with an Amazon voucher.

For a neighbour it'll be less spendy, christmas pud vodka, jam, handcream, lip balm and spiced hot chocolate.

I'm having great fun making them a little different and on different budgets!

AmaraDresden Mon 26-Sep-11 21:38:04

I'm going to be checking out these suggestions, thank you. I try to avoid nestle though, and everyone already buys that as instant already <sigh>

ToothlesstheDragon Mon 26-Sep-11 22:19:15

you can also get coffee and tea delivered from bettys tearoom in york (and the other one whereabouts escapes me) which is delicious and lots of diff varieties

Cromwell44 Mon 26-Sep-11 23:43:54

Millicano or the instant coffee versions of starbucks coffee are the most real coffee-ist of instant coffee I've found. Millicano isn't fair trade though.... not sure about the starbucks one.

CherryMonster Tue 27-Sep-11 08:43:51

i always buy twinnings english breakfast tea and nescafe alta rica at christmas for our house.

mummymccar Tue 27-Sep-11 14:15:04

Irt the hamper baskets - poundstretcher currently have a few quite nice ones.

Isla77 Tue 27-Sep-11 16:02:49

Thanks AmaraDresden. Good suggestions re the hampers. I will probably just do small ones plus some other small gift for each person. Mummymccar - thanks for the info re poundstretcher.

Isla77 Tue 27-Sep-11 16:10:05

AmaraDresden, your hampers sound fabulous. Wish someone would give me a present like that.

LalalalalalaSummerHoliday Wed 28-Sep-11 22:53:06

I like Percol's Columbian instant (Fairtrade). Might get them off the Nestle?
What about a small cafetiere in the hamper then, if they like coffee a lot?

mycatsaysach Wed 28-Sep-11 22:55:03

go to waitrose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now