Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shoppin Early(ish) for Christmas

(7 Posts)
Isla77 Mon 26-Sep-11 13:03:41

Last year we had a dreadful Christmas as the family was split up due to my m-in-law being very seriously ill. She eventually recovered but is a very different person needing constant care and still having episodes of severe ill health. So I am starting shopping now and want to get it finished in the next two weeks so no panic if everything goes t*ts up in December. Want to get my husband an MP3 player but fairly clueless about them so reccomendations please. Although I wouldn't say "money no object / spend, spend, spend" I am prepared to spend quite a bit of money as he has had a difficult year and has still remained his amazing, calm, cheerful and super self.

ToothlesstheDragon Mon 26-Sep-11 13:16:49

here this looks like quite a good gadget lovers mp3 player. Comes in at £70. Can vouch for the brand as I had a creative zen and absolutely loved it (only got rid of it as i had lost the charger) If you look on amazon, they have lots of good quality mp3 players in every price range but this looked like a pretty good one.

It's lovely you want to spoil your DH. Sounds like a hellish year for him. Hope you have a lovely christmas

twolittledarlings Mon 26-Sep-11 13:21:53

I got my husband a Creative Zen MP3 player about 3 years ago for Xmas. Read up a lot of reviews on Amazon as I know nothing about them and spent about £150 for it plus also got him a nice cover, adapter and headphones.

Have no regrets. He uses it all the time on the tube to work and back and likes it a lot.

Isla77 Mon 26-Sep-11 15:14:48

Thank you ToothlesstheDragon and twolittle darlings. I will have a look on Amazon. He will love it and I can download music for him in advance. Have started downloading onto my computer already. Just need to think of a few more things - cheapish ones! - and then that will be one person done. Goodness knows what though. I can usually find a book he will like but other than that I am stumped.

spottymoo Mon 26-Sep-11 16:25:05

Ipod all the way have tried several other makes and always gone back to the ipod.

for my dh i have things like books, choclate , mens toiletries, flame proof lighter, slippers, ps3 games.

Isla77 Mon 26-Sep-11 19:43:27

Thanks for your help spottymoo. Will look at the ipod as well as the creative Zen.

Isla77 Fri 07-Oct-11 12:06:10

Got ipod for hubby and creative zen for DS as it was cheaper and I am getting him some DVD's as well. Thanks for all your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now