Talk

Advanced search

It is now officially Christmas

(6 Posts)
Squitch Mon 26-Sep-11 11:41:34

I'm a pianist (at a school - not a concert pianist or anthing swish) - and today when I got to work in my cubby hole was the sheet music for the two Christmas plays! I no longer feel guilty for my early excitement and plan this afternoon to sing Christmas carols with gay abandonment (well untill some grinch tells me off) - but it's Christmasy work time! Yay grin

LordOfTheFlies Mon 26-Sep-11 23:15:43

It's not officially Christmas until I've heard Fairytale of New York playing in the shops or the radio.
And it has to be The Pogues, not that cheap'n'nasty Ronan-Arse-Keating pathetic version.

And I have managed to embarrass my DC my singing along tunelessly, grabbing DS head and kissing him (he'll be 12 in December) and reminding him-again- that I was singing this while he was being born.

Wipes away tears...

pramsgalore Tue 27-Sep-11 09:11:45

grin i have bought all presents for 3 of my 4 dc's, just one dc left to do and stocking fillers grin

CherryMonster Tue 27-Sep-11 13:07:54

i'm sorry, but its not really christmas until the coca-cola christmas adverts start on the tv, usually then end of nov, beginning of dec.

pramsgalore Tue 27-Sep-11 13:19:27

oh, i love the coca cola christmas ads, dp always says coke tastes better out of the glass bottles grin

ToriaPumpkinPasty Tue 27-Sep-11 13:56:02

Or the Irn Bru one if you live North of the Border. Irn Bru also tastes best out of glass bottles <nods>

I got my first Christmas mailshot yesterday, and I've bought the majority of the Christmas presents for everybody as they needed getting before my redundancy pittance ran out, so yes, Christmas is well under way here as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now