Talk

Advanced search

Anyone made Nigella's Fir Tree Spruce thingy Cake???

(6 Posts)
CDMforever Sun 25-Sep-11 19:55:25

The cake tin is basically 3 or 4 trees.

It is very upright and I can't imagine how you would get a cake out of it in one piece??

Would LOVE to have a go at making it but need some reassurances first before I fork out for said tin (£25 methinks)

LordOfTheFlies Sun 25-Sep-11 20:01:11

I think those pans are heavy grade aluminium ) Lakeland Limited used to sell some and they recommend Cake Release or butter/oil and flour.

Nigella did a very buttery/vanilla cake recipe on her Nigella Christmas programme.

Pinner35 Sun 25-Sep-11 21:36:52

If you do get it, get some Cake Release at the same time. Its fab and will ensure your creation stays in one piece.

Whitershadeofpale Mon 26-Sep-11 13:23:40

I love the cake,especially with the rhubarb & strawberry sauce but have only ever made it it a bundt tin and haven't had a problem with it coming out of the tin. Even though it sounds weird in the recipe, toasting it when it's a bit stale is great.

CDMforever Mon 26-Sep-11 20:38:28

Just been on Lakeland site and Cake Release does indeed sound good.

When I've decided whether I'm going to splash out on the fir tree cake tin I'll have another look.

Thanx all.

curlywurlycremeegg Mon 26-Sep-11 23:09:04

I bought the tree tine last year, it is fab, but expensive for a tin that you will really only use once a year. They also sell out everywhere really quickly coming up to christmas so buy soon if you are going to smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now