Talk

Advanced search

Nearly 11 years old, and in year 6 at school but still believe .....

(8 Posts)
sandyballs Thu 22-Sep-11 16:18:37

.... in santa. Is this unusual? I was surprised last year and thought it would be the last! I did wonder if they were going along with it for my sake but an older friend of theirs who is much admired and looked up to for being 'cool' (she's 14), was round here yesterday and both my girls started talking about 'father christmas' in front of her. There's no way they would do that if they had the slightest doubt grin.

They're intelligent girls, how can they still believe that one man can logisitically get round the world delivering presents in one night?

I'm quite pleased, but rather bemused!

sandyballs Thu 22-Sep-11 16:35:54

bump

vonnyh Thu 22-Sep-11 16:45:24

My DD is 11 in January, and still believes. She's not particularly "young" in her ways either. I'm glad she still believes but I think this is our last year!

inchoccyheaven Thu 22-Sep-11 17:47:10

My ds1 is also 11 and believes still. I am sure now he is in secondary school he will here otherwise and come to his own conclusions.

CherryMonster Thu 22-Sep-11 20:24:55

ds1 only told me last christmas that he no longer believed. he was nearly 12 and in year 7. ds2 still believes and will be 11 next summer and is in year 6.

soverylucky Thu 22-Sep-11 21:20:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ENormaSnob Thu 22-Sep-11 23:11:43

Ds1 is 11, in year 7 and still believes.

I suspect he will learn the truth this year sad

girlywhirly Fri 23-Sep-11 10:01:34

I think that even when they discover that Santa isn't real, a nice thing to do is research the legends behind him and his different incarnations in different countries around the world. Also the many customs associated with Christmas and how it is celebrated by all the nations. E.g. why we have evergreens in the home, eat turkey, the origins of the Christmas pudding and mince pie, stockings and chocolate coins, yule logs, the history of the Christmas card, the fact that so many customs adopted by Christians were originally pagan etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now