Talk

Advanced search

Advent calendar house?

(11 Posts)
Lastyearsmodel Thu 22-Sep-11 15:04:06

Has anyone seen an advent house? Would quite like one where the windows and doors open to show a different scene each day. Doesn't have to be one with drawers for chocolates as we have fabric ones with pockets.

Avon have a light-up one in their sale catalogue but the reviews are dreadful. But it's created a need in me for another Christmas ornament...

bagelmonkey Thu 22-Sep-11 15:51:20

I think John Lewis might have had one last year.
If you get one with drawers you could fill them with animals for a nativity scene or tree decorations to be added each day.

Lastyearsmodel Thu 22-Sep-11 17:42:55

Thanks, Bagelmonkey. Have mailed them as it's not on the website.

inchoccyheaven Thu 22-Sep-11 17:45:45

We have the Avon one and like it. What was wrong with it in the review ???

oldraver Thu 22-Sep-11 18:31:57

I had one on watch on Ebay also this and this one

micku5 Thu 22-Sep-11 18:35:42

I saw some in Costco last week but I didn't get a chance to check the price.

Lastyearsmodel Thu 22-Sep-11 21:07:20

Thanks all. Choccy The reviews said it was a bit flimsy - not so, then? The DCs are little so I was concerned about it getting trashed in the first year.

Micku Costco seems to be the answer to most of my questions lately. smile

lilyj2010 Thu 22-Sep-11 22:35:54

hi, just flicking thro jojo mamam bebe catalogue there. they have 2 different types for approx £26.

inchoccyheaven Thu 22-Sep-11 22:49:40

LAstyear I didn't think it was flimsy. The doors were sometimes a bit hard to open but as far as I remember that was all that was a slight problem.

You can order it and if you don't like it send it back without a problem smile

bethelbeth Thu 22-Sep-11 23:59:28

We got the wooden house from john lewis last year. It's very sweet.
We filled it with little gingerbread men and tree decorations for dd.
It survived her throwing it around the house and carrying it by the chimney - it's not even scuffed!

Lastyearsmodel Fri 23-Sep-11 10:16:12

Good point, Choccy about ordering and returning - I'll have a word with my Avon lady.

Thanks for the Jojomamanbebe tip lilyj and bethelbeth for your DD's product testing smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now