Talk

Advanced search

New christmas tree

(8 Posts)
worldgonemad72 Thu 22-Sep-11 06:55:52

Hi

ive seen a lovely christmas tree for sale, its the type with colour coordinated hang on branches, has anyone got one of these types and if so is it easy to put up? its a 6 foot one.
My mum has said they are a nightmare to put up but my mum does tend to exaggerate.
thanks

pallymama Thu 22-Sep-11 07:12:16

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "colour coordinated hang on branches". Ours has a central stand bit, and the branches attach onto that, and then fan out. Each level is a different size, we have to match up letters. It's a 6 foot one, and pre-lit. (I will never go back to trying string fairy lights round a tree! grin)
If that sounds about right, then I would say nightmare is an exaggeration. I didn't find ours any more difficult than our old tree with the branches already attached. It certainly looks a lot better, and I found it easier to dismantle and store.
HTH

ToothlesstheDragon Thu 22-Sep-11 08:43:35

oh i think i know what you mean. each branch is coloured to the slot in gets inserted in? like blue for all the really big branches at the bottom?

Its just as easy as any other build it yourself type tree - not too difficult or time consuming.

girlywhirly Thu 22-Sep-11 11:28:39

I have a tree with hook-on branches, each has a coloured tab denoting its' size. It isn't quick to put up as you have to fan out the branches and 'fluff' them out a bit, but isn't hard. If I'm short of time I put up the tree one day and decorate it the next.

I have separate lights which I zig-zag around the tree from the top down rather than winding round and round, which I find easier and less likely to tangle.

wfrances Thu 22-Sep-11 11:39:12

i have one,its a pain to fan out but it looks the part.

worldgonemad72 Sun 25-Sep-11 08:34:06

hi
Thanks all, ive always had a hinged type christmas tree (would love a real one but it would end up looking like a dried twig come christmas day)

ive decided to get this one
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6FT-MOUNTAIN-PINE-ARTIFICIAL-CHRISTMAS-TREE-GREEN-/180710165843?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item2a132a4d53

sorry if the link doesn't work, im useless at that sort of thing.

KinkyDorito Sun 25-Sep-11 12:26:50

That is lovely. I was trying to convince myself that ours will do for another year. Now I've seen your link, I am not so sure...

worldgonemad72 Sun 25-Sep-11 19:51:28

Thanks, its the closest i'll get to a real tree, cant wait to get it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now