Talk

Advanced search

Best place for decorations

(10 Posts)
soverylucky Mon 19-Sep-11 20:42:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mogs0 Mon 19-Sep-11 20:45:42

Have you got a Christmas shop near you? There's one near me called Festive. Their decorations are stocked in bigger shops like the Cotswold co but they have their own shop which is only open for about 2 or 3 months before Christmas.

Flatstomachenomore Mon 19-Sep-11 21:48:42

Try your local garden centres, they usually have loads of Christmas stuff from mid-October.

LordOfTheFlies Tue 20-Sep-11 08:13:09

YY to those Christmas Shops.
There is always one at Lakeside and Bluewater (they spring up in November time) but the actual shop they occupy varies according to where is empty.

I got some of the 6' long pine-y swags with the wire in the middle to twist then. Didn't go for the plastic fir cones as I add my own, or ribbons, ivy from the garden or baubles.

Some of mine are looking a bit ratty now, so will have to replace.

Haribojoe Tue 20-Sep-11 10:26:05

I got some lovely decorations at the Christmas shop in Bluewater last year, good quality and not too expensive.

Had to buy tree last year (we can't have real tree) got it from local garden centre Haskins (think they have branches elsewhere) really good quality with lovely bushy branches.

Carrotsandcelery Tue 20-Sep-11 10:31:03

John Lewis also sell some lovely Christmas decorations if you have the budget for it (I browse and sigh longingly).

Our local Garden Centre is the main place everyone would shop for Christmas decorations though. Ours regularly does discount days to get people in a frenzy and shopping.

gregssausageroll Tue 20-Sep-11 13:56:54

B&Q usually have good trees. Decs come from disney store and our local dobbies.

knittedbreast Tue 20-Sep-11 19:50:25

the christmas trees on this site are stunning to look at, and such good quality.

I would recommend the Unlit PE Wentworth
www.gardenxl.com/s/black-box-wentworth-pe-artificial-christmas-tree/25144/Product.aspx

or the PE Kelso Pine
www.gardenxl.com/s/black-box-kelso-pine-pe-artificial-christmas-tree/25097/Product.aspx

delivery is free too!

where abouts are you based ? might be able to recommend some good decoration shops too.

cadelaide Fri 23-Sep-11 18:57:43

Lovely ones here.

And now I really must leave this topic, it's madness.

DoubleDegreeStudent Sat 24-Sep-11 15:19:00

For tree decorations, I absolutely love Paperchase. They are fairly cheap (not quite as cheap as you'll find, but not much more) and cheerful, but look fab on.

We have an artificial tree from Argos that we use in our flat. The reviews of it seem to be a bit mixed, but our one (3 years old) is lovely and bushy. The branches do look a bit intimidating but easy to assemble.

John Lewis have loads normally.

There are a few "Winter Wonderland" type places that spring up in garden centres near me, but not sure where you are?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now