Talk

Advanced search

Does santa exist??

(13 Posts)
Fiolondon Fri 16-Sep-11 14:20:23

Help.

Our DS will be 3 in January. My husband and I are locked in a bit of a dilemma about how to handle the Santa issue as this will be the first year he maybe 'gets' it and it will set the tone. I always enjoyed the Santa thing, but DH was the youngest of 3 and claims he had little opportunity to believe. He was told mum and dad paid for the presents but that Santa was like UPS and just did deliveries! He reckons it meant they were realistic with present demands which I do like the sound of!

So really my problem is that if we are going off-piste with the lies then ours have to fit in with everyone else's or we will be rumbled.

Should we bother making up this new angle? (I'm not convinced) Or should we stick with the traditional pack of lies? Or have any of you gone the whole high and said he doesn't exist?

Fiolondon Fri 16-Sep-11 14:21:21

That should have said "the whole hogg"

Fiolondon Fri 16-Sep-11 14:21:45

Or even hog....

Pancakeflipper Fri 16-Sep-11 14:23:27

Oh Santa is alive and well in our home.

Santa does the stockings and brings a pressie. Pressies from us are from us but we send them to Santa to deliver. And people like Grannie just bring the pressies to us cos' Santa is so busy.

pramsgalore Fri 16-Sep-11 14:27:12

yes santa is alive in our house, dd1 keeps saying he's not real but then will say things like 'will i be able to track him on line like i did last year' grin last year she was saying he's not real and then got up at midnight in a panic because she had not put out the magic key for him grin she is 11

LauraShigihara Fri 16-Sep-11 14:38:12

No Santa in our house - we have Father Christmas wink

He brings stockings for children and one present, which is usually something Mummy has vetoed for not being 'educational' enough (think DS lite game or similar). He also delivers some random presents which organised family members have sent off to him.

TBH, I've been doing Christmas for many, many years and I usually just put most of the pressies under the tree because they look nicer there. Youngest DS (8) never questions it.

He likes a home made mince pie and a beer, NOT milk smile

gillybean2 Fri 16-Sep-11 18:25:07

Don't forget the carrot for rudolph!

Ds(12) leapt out of bed to put out his mince pie and carrot last year.
He was also quite upset that Santa didn't leave his usual letter - it was later found underneath something.

Christmas is as magical as you make it. If you want it to be magical make it so, if you're not so bothered do it anyway! then do it whichever way you like.

BabyDubsEverywhere Fri 16-Sep-11 18:46:41

I dont really understand what you are all talking about....Santa is REAL!

He fills up the stockings and leaves a jumble of pressies, anything we put under the tree (also because it looks nice grin ) is from us, but the floor covering of pressies is from the big man smile

Whatever anyone else gives is from the giver, hence why we buy/make presents for them.

Simples

And the reason you dont get everything from your list is because there is only so much room on a sleigh to deliver presents for the all the TRUE BELIEVERS!

If you dont believe you dont get any santa presents, kept the magic going in when we were kids looong after we had all twigged....no one wanted to risk less pressies grin

yousankmybattleship Fri 16-Sep-11 18:49:46

I don't think my children have ever really believed it, but they love all the traditions. We do stocking, special key for santa, carrot for Rudolph etc etc but they know perfectly well that it is us who boy all their stocking presents..

Flisspaps Fri 16-Sep-11 18:53:41

Same as BabyDubsEverywhere

Santa used to bring us a stocking and a few nice presents for under the tree, there'd be a main present from Mum and then presents off other people.

Tell your DH he is wrong, the Elves make the presents, they're not sent up by people's parents/relatives.

makemineapinot Sun 18-Sep-11 19:11:06

my children know I can't afford to buy them much each year - just a few wee things - may be a lego set and some bits n pieces, but then the HUGE floor covering pile and stockings come from Santa. We don't send presents off to him - he's far too busy for all that!! grin And we ahve stockings and all presents int he lounge so we can all see what's in them and of course the DC never wanted santa in their bedrooms! Santa/reindeer/Xmas fairies (we've nevr got to the bottom of this!) also leaves a parcel on Xmas eve - new PJs for DC and sometimes a new Xmas DVD to watch - only if they've been good of course. Sadly thought DS (9) knows now - been told too often at school sad. Hope he'll still want to leave out the key, reindeer food, Rudolph's polished red apple and of course Santa's wee dram, food etc etc!! Even if it is just for his sister's sake!

seeker Sun 18-Sep-11 19:22:32

Father Christmas does stockings, and still does even though mine will be 16 and 10 at Christmas! All other presents are from the giver. Christmas pyjama fairy delivers pyjamas, bed socks and a book on Christmas Eve. Mince pies, beer and carrots left out for the big man- and a letter left in return. In special writing, which dp always panics he will forget how to do because it's different from the special writing done by the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

mumeeee Sun 18-Sep-11 19:58:24

Father Christmas has always and still does stockings fir DH, me DD2 21 and DD3 19. and as DD1 24 and her DH also 24 will be here at Christmas he'll bring a small stocking for them ad well. DD2 and DD3 still come into our room after opening their stockings together to show us what they've had. DD1 used to do the same before she was married. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now