Talk

Advanced search

Whats the worst present you have recieved ?

(80 Posts)
jen127 Wed 07-Sep-11 16:29:31

Ok The first year i was with DH , I recieved sloggi knickers , a pasta maker and a fish slice Hmm! Don't know where his head is at ! I took the pasta maker back but 10 years on I would like one now !
So lets have them !

CherryMonster Wed 07-Sep-11 16:31:43

um, nothing (from exp)

deemented Wed 07-Sep-11 16:34:11

I got a truly hideous glass rabbit jelly mold from my MIL last year. She said she saw it and thought i'd love it.

I used it the cursory once, and found that it had a huge crack in it which made the jelly leak out, and what did set came out resembling a rat.

It's ok though - i bought her a She-Wee...

mmmmmchocolate Wed 07-Sep-11 22:38:21

I got a battery operated shoe buffer/polisher from mil (I wear pumps most of the time and don't actually own a pair of show that need polishing) DP has some so I suppose she thought it would help me keep his shoes clean.....

I also had from an elderly relative of DP's an old lady headscarf and set of pink plastic beads. I was 27 at the time grin

samex2 Wed 07-Sep-11 23:02:34

anything that looks like it came from the school fete tombola.

AmaraDresden Wed 07-Sep-11 23:13:17

A massive bottle opener that clamped onto a table - we didn't have a table!

AmaraDresden Wed 07-Sep-11 23:13:17

A massive bottle opener that clamped onto a table - we didn't have a table!

chirpchirp Thu 08-Sep-11 09:47:33

A ridicously large make up set from Argos in the shape of a black pyrmid. You know, the kind you might by a 12 year old girl who is experimenting with make up for the first time. Errr thanks!

GloriaSmud Thu 08-Sep-11 10:33:34

A smelly shower puff from my MIL last year.
<sigh> 18 years and she still hates me because I married her son.

knittedbreast Thu 08-Sep-11 19:13:04

e45 confused

WhatWouldLeoDo Thu 08-Sep-11 19:44:15

I got a pasta maker one year too OP - from my DB and SIL. Back then I barely cooked never mind made my own pasta.

My granny once bought me a line dancing tape (not a CD, a tape) when I was in my early 20s. I've never shown the slightest bit of interest in line dancing. It wouldn't have been so bad if my granny had chosen the gift, but my Aunt, who has a daughter a similar age bought it. confused

QOD Thu 08-Sep-11 19:47:30

Funnily enough - a metal fish slice!! I was MOST pissed off, he bought my friend (who was then pregnant with our surrogate baby) a gorgeous expensive set of glasses.

However, roll on 13 years and I still have the fish slice

Mowlem Thu 08-Sep-11 19:50:51

who was the mnetter who was one bought knicker elastic by her MIL? Always makes me chuckle every time I think of it.

LordOfTheFlies Fri 09-Sep-11 11:00:40

MIL used to buy me the nastiest underwear. Think scratchy, nylon lace crop top things and nylon knickers.
I'm sure it was to keep her DS (my DH) pure.

RedRubyBlue Fri 09-Sep-11 11:08:55

A handbag from SIL. I am quite petite and this bag was GINORMOUS. I put it over my head and it came down to my elbows. shock

Gave it to a mate.

theginganinja Fri 09-Sep-11 11:15:19

Yeah I got a handbag from my SIL one xmas, it was fluffy! She actually said 'I saw this and thought of you' hmm. Anyone who knows me would tell you I am not a fun fur handbag kind of woman.

My daft mother once bought me a set of knickers in size 22, I am an 8-10, clearly she just picked them up and chucked them in the basket without looking.

dreamingofsun Fri 09-Sep-11 11:23:49

ash tray (I've very anti smoking) from my MIL. plus nickers in wrong size and a second hand toiletry bag (complete with old toothbrush). not all one christmas though and she is actually very nice

GloriaSmud Fri 09-Sep-11 11:24:49

Mowlem ~ I think it was WigWamBam. Might be wrong though.

defineme Fri 09-Sep-11 11:28:16

David Hasselhoff cd-as a joke valentines gift from dh. He now understands that valentines day is not a day for comedy gifts...

Pagwatch Fri 09-Sep-11 11:36:56

My husband bought me a bike.

Now a bike is a perfectly nice present for people who want to cycle. But had he not met me?

yummymummy3010 Fri 09-Sep-11 11:50:00

Mine was a home-made, laminated bookmark with my name on!

LordOfTheFlies Fri 09-Sep-11 13:54:08

A set of steak-knives. DH and I are vegetarian...

LauraShigihara Fri 09-Sep-11 14:06:56

My mother (who has very good taste normally) once bought me back a VERY fake Louis Vuitton bag when she returned from holiday. The stallholder she purchased it from was apparently lovely. I can only imagine his delight when she took this piece of crap off his hands for actual money.

She said I had to use it because it was expensive. And now complains that she has never seen me with it.

It lives in the back of the wardrobe and will never see the light of day again.

PamBeesly Fri 09-Sep-11 19:56:09

When I was 14 I got three pairs of the same pyjamas off my mother, they were all wrapped separately so I thought I'd hit the jackpot. I felt so lousy that day, they were flannel ones from Primark and they were too small.
3 Xmas's ago my MIL gave me a set of tea towels
Last Xmas my MIL gave me a shovel, but she gave her other DIL a plug for the kitchen sink so I think she loves me more really grin

MrsCurly Fri 09-Sep-11 19:59:02

A book called 1001 uses for vinegar from my MIL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now