Talk

Advanced search

Octonauts Octopod

(9 Posts)
OhCobblers Mon 05-Sep-11 22:19:52

DC are both talking about this non-stop. I think we should buy it for a main present to share but wondering when i should buy it??

Is it going to be THE Xmas present to have this year amongst the 4-7 age group??

The thought of getting one now and then seeing it reduced before Xmas will make me feel sick grin. Also do any of your DC have it - is it worth it??

weblette Mon 05-Sep-11 22:21:13

I got one from Argos a few weeks back and it was reduced...
Ds3 will be in heaven, he's a complete Octonut.

OhCobblers Mon 05-Sep-11 22:22:06

weblette how much was it???

weblette Mon 05-Sep-11 23:17:12

It was in the catalogue for £34.99 but was £28 ish when I got it.

I'd try a store and see what price comes up. I've found that a few times with Argos, the prices in store are cheaper than what's printed in the catalogue!

HoHoLaughingMonster Mon 05-Sep-11 23:36:08

I've seen one and was really disappointed by how cheap and crap it looked. It's way overpriced at £35 imo. But if your children are Octonauts fans I'm sure they'll love it!

Floggingmolly Tue 06-Sep-11 19:37:02

We got one for a birthday present -it doesn't only look cheap and crap, I'm afraid... Complete waste of £35.

OhCobblers Tue 06-Sep-11 23:04:11

oh no really? DC1 talking of nothing else probaby originally prompted by me saying he might get it for Xmas!
I can get it for just under £30 at the mo - he does love the prog so much.
sad

bebs63 Wed 14-Sep-11 00:26:07

We have one. It is a bit cheap looking, certainly not worth £35, but my daughter hasn't stopped playing with it and in that respect it really is worth the £35...

WhoWhoWhoWho Wed 14-Sep-11 11:06:05

My DS desperately wants one of these too. I can see them selling out as Octonauts are so popular and there isn't a huge range of products.

Shame it isn't great quality for the price. DS is quite careful with toys though so hopefully it won't suffer immediate destruction. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now