Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cake

(7 Posts)
supadupapupascupa Sun 04-Sep-11 16:34:30

I quite fancy making my own this year, which i have never done before.

So apart from finding a recipe and a tin, when should I get started? What do I need to know? What are the steps?

TIA

OracleInaCoracle Sun 04-Sep-11 16:42:55

Hi, I made my first one last year. You need to get fruit soaking soon, I put mine in a large bowl with a load of brandy and a couple of cinnamon sticks, a tea towel over the top and kept feeding it. I made the cake and pudding at the beginning of november.

OracleInaCoracle Sun 04-Sep-11 16:42:57

Hi, I made my first one last year. You need to get fruit soaking soon, I put mine in a large bowl with a load of brandy and a couple of cinnamon sticks, a tea towel over the top and kept feeding it. I made the cake and pudding at the beginning of november.

supadupapupascupa Sun 04-Sep-11 20:32:45

Really!!!! Blimey, best get moving then!

RhinestoneCowgirl Sun 04-Sep-11 20:36:50

I usually make mine in October half term because my mum always used to!

I only soak the fruit overnight before making. Think I found the recipe online years ago (mine has black treacle and marmelade in)

OracleInaCoracle Sun 04-Sep-11 21:03:38

The recipes are so specific aren't they? Mine is my mil's nans recipe, it makes 4 cakes in total and I made them with my niece and nephew as well as ds. I used to make cakes and puds with my cousins at nans when we were little. It was a part of our christmas tradition!

OracleInaCoracle Sun 04-Sep-11 21:03:41

The recipes are so specific aren't they? Mine is my mil's nans recipe, it makes 4 cakes in total and I made them with my niece and nephew as well as ds. I used to make cakes and puds with my cousins at nans when we were little. It was a part of our christmas tradition!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now