Talk

Advanced search

Please help me with gift ideas! DS 4 and DD 2.5, I've no clue!

(12 Posts)
pipkin35 Wed 31-Aug-11 09:38:50

As the title says please! I have come here for some inspiration.

Have few small ideas for things that are always a 'winner' - sticker books, DVDs etc....but would you start a tradition yet of a 'main' present?!

Neither of them massively into anything in particular - last year we got Happyland farm and toy cooker, but they aren't really played with too much.

What's been a hit with your DCs when they've been of similar ages?!

BeStillMyBeatingFart Wed 31-Aug-11 10:06:33

When my son was two I bought him an ELC electric keyboard. He thought it was the best thing ever and played with it loads. Was about £35. They come in pink.

Four year old boys like 'things'. Magnet sets, torches, pens that magically change colour. My son was quite into Playmobil at that age.

I don't do 'main' presents. I get them about eight things ranging from £10-£20 each.

onehellofaride Wed 31-Aug-11 11:10:09

Last year I got my DS this although it takes up alot of room! It gets played with all the time and last year it was on offer for £99 (not sure whether they will do this again closer to the time).

My DD (2) was bought the ELC keyboard and she loves this.

Jigsaws are the biggest hit in our house and they do them every day.

How much are you looking to spend on each?

WhatWouldLeoDo Wed 31-Aug-11 12:29:13

My DS is 3 and he loves Duplo. He got the fire station for his 3rd birthday and plays with it all the time. He's also a fan of this Thomas megabloks.

Dressing up stuff is a winner - he has some Thomas, Bob the Builder type stuff (Sainsbury's do some dressing up clothes quite cheaply). He's also just getting really into playing games - we've got a few Orchard toys ones like the Shopping List and Dotty Dinosaurs.

For Christmas we're going with the Duplo police station and this marble run.

olibeansmummy Wed 31-Aug-11 12:40:39

Duplo and brio would be good for both children. Ds is 2.3 and his favourite toys are his art easel, balance bike, puzzles, happy land dinosaur set, toy cars, arts and crafty stuff and playdoh at the moment.

Is your ds starting school this time? If so maybe wait a while ad you might find he gets 'into' things that his new friends like ( like ben10 <shudder>)

justcallmemummypig Wed 31-Aug-11 14:51:45

i'm surprised they're into similar things...

dd at 2.5 loved happyland - the fairy things like the boot, any little figure type things, jigsaws, books, babies, peppa pig, princesses, cuddly toys, tea sets and was getting into crafty stuff.

DS is 3.5 and loves spiderman, batman, power rangers, trucks, cars, diggers, dinosaurs he does like jigsaws and books too but nothing like the things my dd liked at that age.

If your ds is a 4 that is starting school - i would expect his tastes to change. I think ds likes older toys as he wants things that dd's friends have!

However out door toys and bath toys they do share well

justcallmemummypig Wed 31-Aug-11 14:52:51

just thought - imaginext perfect for 4 yr old boys and can still grow into it... look at fire station, rocket, asircraft launcher ...oh and lego smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 31-Aug-11 21:11:37

Our DD, 4, loves her Mini Micro Scooter. Was here main present for her 3rd birthday and really wish we'd bought it earlier. Our DN is 2.5 and he has one too, which he loves.

Although not a main present, how about this for her too? Our DD has had hours of fun from hers.

Has your DS got a bike and scooter? They are usually good main presents.

littlemagic Wed 31-Aug-11 23:09:41

For my dd 2nd birthday i got her a toy dressing table from elc and she loves it plays with it all the time its £35 and you get a free jewellery box.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 01-Sep-11 09:00:39

Forgot to say, DD had the ELC keyboard when she was 2 too, was and still is a big hit.

pipkin35 Thu 01-Sep-11 10:32:23

Thanks for these ideas. DS won't be starting school (turns 4 in Dec) so can hopefully wait til he starts demanding requesting the same as his pals.
Justcallmemummypig - They are into very different things (amazing to me how much gender has to do with things when I've not gone down that route!), but I think DD will be easier to buy for. I haven't heard of Imaginex but he is starting to get into goodies/baddies (just talk at the mo) so maybe some Superhero type things would be good. What do you reckon about trampolines etc...or are they too young do you think?
JiltedJohnsJulie - that dress up thing is ace, she got that for her 2nd b-day.
Both already have those 'big' presents - scooters and DS was given a bike mid year from a pal.
Got the ELC keyboard last year which was a big hit.
Have recently flogged some Happlyland stuff since they got loads last year from friends etc...and it hasn't really been touched.
Not keen on getting lego just yet since DD puts everything into her gob, so I don't trust her with it...
Keep em ideas coming though!

justcallmemummypig Thu 01-Sep-11 12:57:57

trampolines are fab - ours love it and play on there together all yr round.

Imaginext actually do a great batman range with a batcave - look on toys r us, but all there stuff is good and sturdier than say playmobil, and not such small pieces for your dd to eat smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now