Talk

Advanced search

Lapland UK tickets go on sale in Sept

(16 Posts)
LordOfTheFlies Tue 30-Aug-11 21:47:39

The one in Bewel Water, Kent , not the New Forest fiasco.

Is anyone going this year?
I think I've missed the boat with my DC (9 and 11.6) They won't appreciate it sad

MugglesandLuna Wed 31-Aug-11 09:11:20

Its so expensive!!

NHScutback Wed 31-Aug-11 20:53:00

I'm going to take DD, been umming and aahing about it for a couple of years. Need to go before i miss the window. It is expensive for what is a few hours but cheaper than going to see the Nutcracker, for example.

LordOfTheFlies Wed 31-Aug-11 21:18:07

I just think it looks wonderful. The only thing putting me off is my DCs being cynical little blighters and spoiling it for the younger children.

On the websight, the massive door to 'Lapland' looks magical.
Also the stories, the Mrs Claus decorating gingerbread men, the huskies, the reindeer, the ice-skating and the guareented snow. Okay it's faux snow, but it'll do the job.

And the walk to Santas Cabin. Aaaahh.

I haven't been but I'm envy.

We went to Hyde Park last year and when you add up the travelling to London, the price of rides, (most were £3 /£4, so 2DC + DH was £10). We went on the big wheel ( I'd pre-booked and prepaid) then DCs went on about 4 rides each. So I haven't dared add it up.shock

NHScutback Wed 31-Aug-11 21:24:38

It generally gets good reviews so i'd say it's safe to say it's enjoyable. It looks lovely and cheaper than the real lapland.

WoofToYouTooLady Wed 31-Aug-11 21:29:42

oh how very strange, I was going to start a thread saying What - nowt from DotFox yet?

snigger

(oldie MNers will know what I'm on about)

NHScutback Wed 31-Aug-11 21:32:58

Yes, where is DotFox (although she didn't pitch up last year either)? It went into administration a couple of years ago though didn't it so maybe DotFox is no more (or very bitter about it all).

Jaquelinehyde Thu 01-Sep-11 21:35:57

How much are the tickets for lapland, I've checked the website and there are no details about price.

It looks amazing and only half an hour from me.

MadFerret Thu 01-Sep-11 21:40:52

What is the point?

It is all fake, isnt it?

Jaquelinehyde Sun 04-Sep-11 00:26:32

Yep that's the spirit MadFerret, must be a whole load of laughs in your house at Christmas! smile

gillybean2 Sun 04-Sep-11 08:33:58

Jaquelinehyde - Ticket prices will be held at 2010 prices (£44.50-£62.50), at least that's what it says on the main page of the website

Jaquelinehyde Tue 06-Sep-11 15:18:22

Thanks Gilly smile

mumofsoontobelawstudent Tue 06-Sep-11 19:03:09

woof yes, bless dear old Dot and her PR wink

glitterkitty Fri 09-Sep-11 11:11:46

It says on the site that 'Registered email addresses and previous customers will receive unique booking codes for priority release on 13th September'

If anyone can share that code (if its not a personal centre parcs type one!) please PM me!

glitterkitty Tue 13-Sep-11 10:03:25

book here NOW

Just opened at 10am today. Priority code is MAGIC. Too expensive for us but hope this benefits someone else!

glitterkitty Tue 13-Sep-11 10:04:23

Oh, cost was £67 per person! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now