Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find the perfect dolls’ house for DD

(7 Posts)
NotAnotherNewNappy Sat 27-Aug-11 10:20:17

She'll be 3yrs and 3mo by Christmas and loves pink and small world play. Please help me find the perfect dolls' house for her, preferably one less than £60.

I've had a look at Argos and ELC and am now thoroughly confused. Does your DD have a dolls' house? What's the quality like? I don't want to spend a fortune on something that looks great in the catalogue but falls apart when she starts to play with it like everything else I've ever bought from ELC.

TIA

NHScutback Sat 27-Aug-11 10:25:46

Pintoy and Plan do the best solid wood ones which will stand up to toddler play. You have to buy the furniture and dolls separately which will take you way over budget, but perhaps god options to suggest to family members, etc. The ELC and Le Toy Van ones are nice but thin MDF type so will still stand up to toddlers but more likely to be damaged. sylvanian families are also solid (plastic) but quite fiddly pieces in the room sets (better for age 5 up).

Guitargirl Sat 27-Aug-11 17:14:58

We bought this one for DD's 4th birthday in January. It has stood the test of DD/DS and plenty of their friends bashing about with it. I bought it around half-term time last October when it was 50% off and have seen it reduced several times by 50% (and furniture is included).

www.elc.co.uk/Dolls%27-Mansion/125768,default,pd.html

BabyDubsEverywhere Mon 29-Aug-11 10:35:34

I searched everywhere for a dolls house for my DD last Christmas, the one i ended up with was the cheapest of the lot and is solid, played with every day, big enough yet not over the top.....

Asda, £35!
Sure they will do them again this year. I glued the hinges before i screwed them and even with DS and his rough play they have all stayed intact!

Trygg Tue 30-Aug-11 14:58:00

This looks pretty good to me this one grin

Trygg Tue 30-Aug-11 15:14:29

or this one?

NotAnotherNewNappy Tue 30-Aug-11 16:10:40

Wow, thanks everyone. The Asda and the Ace ones look perfect smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now