Talk

Advanced search

Lego Advent Calendars

(17 Posts)
AmaraDresden Thu 25-Aug-11 00:05:23

DS1 spotted that Argos are going to be flogging Star Wars Lego advent calendars from October. Has anyone bought these before? I'm wondering how much they cost and if they're worth it. Especially as I'm kinda jealous I can't get myself the Selfridges one cough

iklboo Thu 25-Aug-11 00:18:04

Got normal Lego advent calendar last year. Santa in the shower a bit of a curve ball. DS & DH love Lego. What can I say? Some of the things will be trotted out as Xmas decos in years to come. Value for money? I'd say no, the todger owners would disagree grin

MmeBucket Thu 25-Aug-11 00:22:45

I saw those a few days ago. I really, really wanted to get one, because my 2 are such Star Wars and Lego nuts, but it was $40 (I'm in America, no help to you for cost, I'm afraid.) for just one of them, and there was no way I was going to pay that much. It sounds like you get 8 mini figures and a bunch of cool little doo-dads like small ships and such, but not paying $80 for advent calendars for my two.

missnevermind Thu 25-Aug-11 00:25:04

I want to know about the Selfridges one now.

And yes for several years running DH and the boys had a Lego advent calendar.

HerdOfTinyElephants Thu 25-Aug-11 00:27:03

Playmobil are a bit cheaper than Lego and are good.

AmaraDresden Thu 25-Aug-11 19:37:23

Ah it's the whole Star Wars theme that had DS1 salivating lol. Any ideas on price? I hope it's not £40, definitely can't afford one of them let alone two at that price!

The Selfridges advent calendar is by Lancome and full of delightful beauty treats! I drool over it every year but it's about 70/80 quid!

AmaraDresden Thu 25-Aug-11 19:37:23

Ah it's the whole Star Wars theme that had DS1 salivating lol. Any ideas on price? I hope it's not £40, definitely can't afford one of them let alone two at that price!

The Selfridges advent calendar is by Lancome and full of delightful beauty treats! I drool over it every year but it's about 70/80 quid!

notapizzaeater Thu 25-Aug-11 20:09:01

Lego one was about £20 last year.
Expensive but very very loved, spends ages making and playing with all the bits.

spiderslegs Thu 25-Aug-11 20:27:24

Sod the children, I'm getting the Selfridges one.

littleomar Thu 25-Aug-11 20:30:43

Iklboo Santa in a thong rocked. Deffo get one. Has kept us in interesting bits for rare occasions that mummy can be persuaded to play Lego

Muckyhighchair Thu 25-Aug-11 20:31:05

Ohh I wonder if I get one for myself and keep it hidden from ds!

(whistles)

I've already got 5 Lego men/toy story Lego on my car keys so I can play with them when stuck in traffic (non moving of course)

littleomar Thu 25-Aug-11 20:31:39

Oh and about £20 I think check out amazon

ELR Thu 25-Aug-11 22:40:39

Can't see them on Argos website, did you see in catalogue? My son would love this and hubbie is very excited!!

ObiWan Fri 26-Aug-11 15:12:32

About £25 on Play.com, they are available for pre-order. The normal Lego City one is about £18.

You get Yoda dressed as Santa in the star Wars one!!

AmaraDresden Mon 29-Aug-11 17:47:53

Yes it was in the book of dreams that my boys spotted it lol.

OMG Obi Wan! Both my boys will be absolutely thrilled with Santa Yoda! I'm just going to get one for them to share after further thought, £50 on advent calendars does seem a little bit silly lol.

AmaraDresden Mon 29-Aug-11 17:47:53

Yes it was in the book of dreams that my boys spotted it lol.

OMG Obi Wan! Both my boys will be absolutely thrilled with Santa Yoda! I'm just going to get one for them to share after further thought, £50 on advent calendars does seem a little bit silly lol.

notapizzaeater Thu 01-Sep-11 18:39:20

Amazon are pre ordering them for £20 each

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now