Talk

Advanced search

What main present are you getting for your dc?

(95 Posts)
MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 14-Aug-11 19:29:27

Hi, I am really struggling to think, and as I am stuck in with no car till the end of August, christmas is the only thing making me smile atm grin
What main present are you getting for your dc and how old are they? smile

Honeydragon Sun 14-Aug-11 19:33:32

DS (8) Lego
DD (2) Scooter

Bunbaker Sun 14-Aug-11 19:35:58

I shall start thinking about it in October/November and not before. The C word is banned in this house until then.

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 14-Aug-11 19:39:03

Bun I wish I could wait to think that 'late'. Money is tight for some though smile
Honey dragon I cant wait till ds is old enough for lego, I ds will get the Harry Potter lego grin

mamadivazback Sun 14-Aug-11 19:42:50

My DS(5) is getting:

Digital camera (not crappy kids one) but £25 slightly less crap one grin
Coin eating doggy bank
Disney Cars storage box/race track

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 14-Aug-11 19:44:33

Can you link to the coin eating doggy bank mama, it sounds very cool grin

Honeydragon Sun 14-Aug-11 19:45:45

I feel guilty getting ds to start deciding now but like you said, moneys tight and I need to start looking at prices smile
Ds got an ipod last year as a special one off, so Christmas is more reasonable this year.

But I have to say his ipod has been worth every penny smile

orienteerer Sun 14-Aug-11 19:46:46

biscuit

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 14-Aug-11 19:50:42

Honey dragon, I cant decide what to get for my two, dd will be 1 years old and ds 3.6years.
Money is tight for us as we are in our own place now and this will be our first christmas so want it to be very special smile

<Eats biscuit >
Thanks Orienteer. very generous, this is the christmas section though so you may find hiding this topic easier if it annoys you smile

Knackeredmother Sun 14-Aug-11 19:56:16

Mine (4 and 2 by Xmas) are getting loads and loads of stuff. Roller skates, bikes, dolls, painting sets, cuddly toys, books games.
Been going to car boot sales last few weeks, nothing cost more than a pound and hardly if ever used. Spent about £20 tops.
We are lucky that money isn't tight but can't see the point in spending hundreds of pounds when can get the same stuff at car boots for 50p!
They are too young to know the difference and you can bin it guilt free when they are bored with it.

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 14-Aug-11 19:59:14

Knackered I know what you mean, 3 months after last christmas we sent half the toys to a charity shop, just too many overwhelmed ds. smile

Honeydragon Sun 14-Aug-11 20:04:12

dd is getting a scooter as its her birthday the week before. So she will get a few summer toys for xmas that will then get put away smile

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 14-Aug-11 20:05:18

Thats a good idea, I may do the same for dd. Her birthday is October 1st smile

Honeydragon Sun 14-Aug-11 20:26:40

It was nice, it meant she had things to unwrap , but at one year she didn't need loads to play with, she has benefited for the summer as she got a Waybaloo Peeka pod and a Ride on Car, which have been out in force over the school hols.

Her grandparents bought her a Smart Trike, which again we used a little over the Winter, but she's really benefited from it over this summer.

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 14-Aug-11 20:29:38

I had a smart trike for ds, it was great, we havent got the storage for one anymore though.
Dd needs quite a few toys, she loves toys and only has a couple of good toys now, most are just rattles smile

Tillyscoutsmum Sun 14-Aug-11 20:31:48

DS (2) will be getting a scooter

DD (4.8) will be getting a few smaller presents. She keeps asking for a Snuggle Buddie but the reviews say the quality is shocking. Not sure what to do really..

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 14-Aug-11 20:34:04

Tilly is the snuggle buddy those animal cushions?
If they are last christmas we got ds a cheap version, it is a grey dog. He has used it every night and its been washed more than 15 times.
It is still going strong smile

Honeydragon Sun 14-Aug-11 20:36:56

<hi fives Tillyscoutsmum, for scooter snaps>

I was looking at those Snugglebuddies in Boots yesteday while queing, and they are really cheap for what they charge. The shop assistant in boots said there are loads of other nicer ones out there.

this is a lovely concept and a absolute bargain if your local store has them in stock.

Tillyscoutsmum Sun 14-Aug-11 20:37:08

Yes Monster. The snuggle buddy ones are advertised on t.v. (dd wants a ladybird one apparently smile). They are £25 and nearly all the reviews on Amazon say they fall apart within a few weeks. I don't suppose you can remember where yours was from can you ?? <<hopeful>>

Tillyscoutsmum Sun 14-Aug-11 20:38:30

Honey - did you know the micro scooters are on special offer from John Lewis in Solihull ?

Blatherskite Sun 14-Aug-11 20:38:48

Mine were 1 and 3.9 last Christmas - DD (1) we got nothing for but did an IOU for a present in Summer. We got her a bubble machine which she loves. The other good present she got is a Scramblebug which she loves scooting about on.

DS (3.9) got lots of LEGO - both of mine still adore their Duplo a year on - she says staring at the huge box of it in the lounge right now - and a sing along stereo from ELC which they both also adore. The year before we'd bought him a blanace bike which has been amazing and I'm absolutely sure it's the reason he could ride a pedal bike without stabilisers by 4.

IAmTheCookieMonster Sun 14-Aug-11 20:38:53

I want to get him a little tikes cars and one of those bouncy zebras :-)

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 14-Aug-11 20:39:52

It was from a shop in corby called range smile I think it was £7/8 We want to get one for dd if they have them this year. smile

MonsterBookOfTysons Sun 14-Aug-11 20:42:23

<off to google scramble bug>
I love those bouncing zebras smile We may get dd the rocking cow thing grin

LawrieMarlow Sun 14-Aug-11 20:42:24

DS and DD's birthdays are in November and September so need to do those first smile They will be 8 and 6

DS keen on some Harry Potter Lego I think.
DD will want things to do with cats. I know she does want a waving cat for her birthday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now