Talk

Advanced search

What do you buy a little girl who will be almost 3 for xmas?

(19 Posts)
knittedbreast Wed 10-Aug-11 18:02:26

I need advice, my daughter will be three in january. she dosunt seem that into anything except animals and babies, but she has dollies and im not getting a dog!

Any ideas?

DioneTheDiabolist Wed 10-Aug-11 18:04:18

Megabloks.
Cars.

groak Wed 10-Aug-11 18:09:09

ELC happy land stuff. A bit like training for getting in Playmobil!

CDMforever Wed 10-Aug-11 19:57:29

Second the Happyland vote.
My DD has almost all of the Happyland stuff and gets LOADS of hours of play out of it.
And it is very very gorgeous!

CherryMonster Wed 10-Aug-11 21:46:24

animal puppets! my girls have a collection and adore them.

girlywhirly Thu 11-Aug-11 07:57:10

A very realistic dog toy? You could buy some cheap real accessories to go with it, such as a bowl, blanket, brush for grooming, dog toy, collar.

franke Thu 11-Aug-11 08:02:01

A run-along bike. A mini-micro scooter.

NLurkerispackingforholiday Thu 11-Aug-11 08:12:55

A toy pram? DD3 (4) loves the one that dd2 had at a similar age.

FriskyMare Thu 11-Aug-11 08:17:45

You're thinking about Christmas already grin I would wait for another couple of months and see how her play develops. have to agree with happyland though, my two loved it, we could build a whole town with it.

TeamEdward Thu 11-Aug-11 08:20:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhatWouldLeoDo Thu 11-Aug-11 13:17:39

Wooden farm plus animals
Playmobil zoo stuff (DS got the children's zoo and the dolphin set for 3rd birthday and has played with it loads)
Games (Orchard Toy shopping list a hit here and they do lots of other games for that age group)
Dressing up stuff
Duplo

Thefoxsbrush Thu 11-Aug-11 22:25:14

Happyland toys are fab and durable! Or what about a pretend vets set? Or a toy dog on a lead?

LordOfTheFlies Thu 11-Aug-11 22:41:30

I bought one of those dogs WooWeeAlive for DD (Siberian Husky) It howls, snores, makes little gruff noiises. Mine from QVC.She doesn't like real dogs but wanted a Nintendog.This was better value.

Also got her the smaller white tiger and DS the lion. You can get them in The Entertainer (I think half price at the moment)
The small ones don't do the range of noises as the bigger one but still nice.

Ohforfoxsake Thu 11-Aug-11 22:54:09

One of those little trampolines with the handle across the top. Argos, very pink, about £20.smile

Ohforfoxsake Thu 11-Aug-11 22:56:24

Mini micro scooters are great.

tudorrose Thu 11-Aug-11 23:06:18

DD3 was almost three last Christmas. She wanted a dog so we bought her a "Fur Real" dog which whines and rolls over or snuffles when you stroke it. She loves it and has played with it every day since.

Trouble is though she loves it so much she wants a real dog even more now!

Jajas Thu 11-Aug-11 23:07:55

omg it's only flippin August!

NHScutback Fri 12-Aug-11 16:57:38

Maybe a farm- Playmobil or ELC do nice ones. or a bike or scooter.

worm77daisy Fri 12-Aug-11 21:56:40

We are going to get our daughter who will be 3 in February the fur real dog (if I can get it half price) and maybe a vetch digital camera.

Other ideas are fancy dress stuff, a wendy house, an art easel, a tricycle, balance bike, peppa pig and ben and holly stuff...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: