a tardis
a dr who screwdriver
a couple of stocking fillers

my daugther nearly 3 at xmas i have:
a soft teddy dog you feed a bottle and it yaps
a lola and charlie dvd
playmobile noahs arc and animals
a book with stickers and you can dress the girls up in different clothes

whatl be in your los pressies this year?

ClaimedByMe Thu 04-Aug-11 17:34:53

My dd8 is currently sitting with the argos book writing her list, i havent even thought about it but suppose i should!

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 04-Aug-11 17:35:06

I need to start this. Will be 39 weeks pg at Christmas and then DD's birthday is the week after due date. I really need to start this!

What are those Kiddizoom cameras like?

knittedbreast Thu 04-Aug-11 18:36:23

i dont know but if you have an old digital camera floating around or plan to replace your soon it will probebly be better quality and cheaper to let them have your old one!

LordOfTheFlies Thu 04-Aug-11 21:32:47

yy knittedbreast we bought digital cameras for DCs over the past couple of years and we got basic ones that I'm sure are better quality than the childrens' ones.

DD has the Argos cat and pen on permenant standby, circling all her wants.

DS has his birthday in December.We look at his list(s) and he get a more pricy single pressie for birthday then smaller, cheaper ones + stocking gifts for Christmas.

Haven't bought anything yet as they change their minds so much.

LordOfTheFlies Thu 04-Aug-11 21:35:46

Actually I bought earrings from QVC because they were reduced £44 to £22 and on easy-pay.
Dark green diamonique teardrop stone on a single clear stone stud.

I don't really need them so I'll tell DH they are for my Christmas and that's one off his list!grin

Sewmuchtodo Thu 04-Aug-11 21:36:13

Nothing for DC's yet but I have bought my DS lovely pj's, slippers and a diary.....not bad considering i normally begin shopping in Oct or Nov!

TeaOneSugar Thu 04-Aug-11 22:22:46

For dd,

Club penguin igloo playset - £10 off in sainsburys
Club Penguin puffle playset x 2 - £5 off in sainsburys
Puffle cushion - On special offer in a disney shop at Easter
Hello kitty card maker set - £5 off in sainsburys

Three large yankee candles jars, one for my auntie, one for friends, one for me - Christmas in July offer price, £10 each incl P&P instead of £18 each plus P&P.

That's it so far.

PeterSpanswick Sun 07-Aug-11 10:24:28

I'm so excited!!!

I bought the dogs' presents in the sale last year, and also picked up a few bits for ds but recently got them out to have a look and think they will still be a little bit too old for him this year .

Have a few stocking fillers sorted out though and a little bit of a list written for other family/friends.

I'm glad I've found this section. Nobody else will indulge me until November, usually!

lillybloom Sun 07-Aug-11 20:38:29

I have bought stocking fillers for my dc and gorgeous undies for my bestfriend.

LordOfTheFlies Sun 07-Aug-11 22:16:07

I've got the slippers already (Lands End sale)

Won't buy any presents til nearer the time as they change their flippin minds at the drop of a hat!

WellIShouldNever Sun 07-Aug-11 22:19:36

To be polite, fuck off!! Haven't had the summer holiday yet!

LordOfTheFlies Sun 07-Aug-11 23:07:40

WISN don't venture onto a dedicated Christmas ( Clue is in the name) site
if you don't want to think about Christmas.

Just like I don't go onto Twitter or FaceBook.I CBA with it.
I wouldn't go on specifically to swear at them for wasting my time. Eh?

Northernlurkerisgoingonholiday Sun 07-Aug-11 23:11:06

I have pyjamas for dd3 (Boden Autumn preview) and a cardigan for dd2 (Monsoon sale). I usually get a few bits whilst on holiday for stockings.
I need to start looking at sewing machines for dd1 (thankfully grandparents will go in with us)
dd2 - will be getting a Boden satchel so I could get that ordered. No idea about dd3 - maybe dh has an idea!

EmmaTheFox Sun 07-Aug-11 23:11:53

Is this a joke?

AmaraDresden Sun 07-Aug-11 23:16:39

I don't consider it a joke when we have huge families either side and only four paydays til Crimbo :/

So far got DP's Dad a thermal mug, and a couple of the nephews gifts. There's a shedload more to go though!

AmaraDresden Sun 07-Aug-11 23:16:40

I don't consider it a joke when we have huge families either side and only four paydays til Crimbo :/

So far got DP's Dad a thermal mug, and a couple of the nephews gifts. There's a shedload more to go though!

superjobee Sun 07-Aug-11 23:16:49

ooooh christmas!! ive spent months obsessing over baby stuff and now i have everything bought /ordered ive turned my attention to xmas grin

DD is getting a load of hello kitty playsets also they wee animals in my pocket playsets a new tv cos its pretty and more art stuff and books she can shake a stick at grin i cant wait!!!

DS will only be 6 weeks at the youngest so say 2 months and he is getting a load of age innapropriate toys he wont be able to play with till he's 3/4/6 months old but i dont care i want to buy them haha!

i loooove chyristmas and i love buying for the wee ones it gives me an excuse to stress!

EmmaTheFox Sun 07-Aug-11 23:20:18

blush Sorry... I really thought it was.

We have massive families, but we are fairly massive ourselves so have a 'cards only' rule.

I think about Christmas shopping around about the 22nd December.

Northernlurkerisgoingonholiday Sun 07-Aug-11 23:21:45

Of course it isn't a joke! I work full time and don't have all that many opportunities for shopping. After last year's close call with snow and deliveries I want to get on and get sorted. My planning for last year was also obliterated by the strain on all the family after bil recieved a terminal diagnosis. Being able to properly look forward to Christmas is something I really want to be able to do this year. If you don't want to start thinking about it yet then fine, don't.

Darnsarfupnorf Sun 07-Aug-11 23:21:59

bought dd (4mo atm) a really cool paddling pool and 2 bags of balls to go in it. bought in it the argos pre-summer sale and got SO excited!! got all my wrapping paper/ribbon/tags/cards from the studio catalogue, bought over £100 of stuff but bought it in the sale so it only cost me £30!!! i was SO smug for about 2 weeks after grin

allthefires Sun 07-Aug-11 23:25:33

I have a ton of stuff from the sales. May spend tomorrow listing and allocating it.

Will wrap up birthday presents/ do cards for next few months too!

dyzzidi Sun 07-Aug-11 23:34:08

I have bought lots of presents, loads of box set from the book people, body shop sets, perfumes ( bought so I could have the free gifts wink) diney toys ie handy manny sets less than half price from disney, make up brushes sets, pyjamas for the kids etc

I have also bought all my christmas cards in the Jan sales.

I never know what DH wants but am hoping to go for a joint present and go half each on a pc for the spare room.

LordOfTheFlies Mon 08-Aug-11 00:02:39

I love Christmas, more so since having DCs. My mother didn't do decorations (she admits she can't be bothered) so we had do do them at home or do without.So I tend to go OTT - my DH reckons to compensate for childhood Christmas.

My DS has a December birthday.
I used to fantasise how lovely it would be to go Christmas shopping with one of the DCs but IRL its a pain. By the time I've been to 3 shops I'm laden with bags, so becomes impossible.

Some people are Christmas Martyrs.Never seen the sense of that.
Some are fiendishly organised- takes some of the fun out of it.

I like to have the bulk of mine done by end Nov and the last minute shopping is fun.
But as AmaraDresden says its only 4 paydays til Christmas so I have to space it out.

I get enough of the Bah Humbugs at work with elderly patients who hate Christmas. Each to their own. Doesn't mean others can't enjoy it.

<<Puts soap-box under the bed ready for next time>>

TheOriginalNutcracker Mon 08-Aug-11 00:11:03

My dc all have nov/dec birthdays so I have started already.

So far I have a Dr Who jigsaw and a Spiderman hobgoblin figure for Ds, and a mug with dogs on for dd2.

Not got anything for dd1 yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now