Talk

Advanced search

Presents for older DCs / Vouchers Question

(6 Posts)
TeaOneSugar Mon 25-Jul-11 13:59:30

I've got some vouchers on order for Park for christmas presents and I need to make a final decision on what vouchers I want (I won't change the value at this stage but I could swap the type IYSWIM)

I've got Love2Shop vouchers on order and an Amazon Gift card. The plan was to use the Love2shop to buy presents and as presents and the Amazon card to buy presents.

I've got a small neice and a small nephew, who will get a small something to open and a love2Shop voucher, their parents can spend in Boots, ELC, Mothercare, Argos etc. So they're sorted.

I've then go a neice (16), a nephew (14) and DH's Godson (11), should I give them Love 2 Shop vouchers, here's list of where you can spend them Love2 Shop. Or will this make me a really uncool auntie? Would gift cards be cooler?

I don't really want to give them cash, as I've saved for the vouchers already, the only other option would be to get them amazon gift cards, but they only come in limited denominations.

Help.

TeaOneSugar Mon 25-Jul-11 16:19:54

Too early??

Too dull??

TeaOneSugar Tue 26-Jul-11 09:47:22

Fair enough.

They can have the vouchers and think themselves lucky.

girlywhirly Tue 26-Jul-11 14:01:01

Give them the vouchers, they can choose for themselves what they get. Much better than risking buying something that is uncool.

ObiWan Tue 26-Jul-11 14:41:00

I'd go with the Amazon gift cards. There is something on Amazon for everyone, and they won't be relying on parents for lifts to the shops.
Also, when I was a teenager I hated using giftcards/vouchers in shops.

Amazon is just soo much cooler grin

TeamDamon Tue 26-Jul-11 14:49:35

OK - DS (8) likes vouchers for shops - he likes the act of going into the shop and choosing what to buy. For teenagers, I would always buy Amazon or iTunes gift cards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now