Talk

Advanced search

What's your favourite craft / activity / recipe for the DCs?

(6 Posts)
EcoLady Wed 13-Jul-11 12:01:28

I'm doing advance planning for the local Rainbows, Brownies & Guides. We're planning something big for Christmas.

I'd really appreciate as many suggestions as possible for the things that your DCs of all ages like doing best at Christmas, or things that you enjoyed when you were younger. Child-friendly recipes would be particularly appreciated.

We've got the usual stuff like card making, magic reindeer food, angels made from doileys... it's the different and perhaps more quirky ideas I'm after please.

thank you

girlywhirly Thu 14-Jul-11 11:12:39

Are we talking about things for the DC to make for themselves, or things to sell at their Christmas fair?

EcoLady Sat 16-Jul-11 18:35:16

Activities for them to do please - for all ages.

thank you

PandaG Sat 16-Jul-11 18:42:20

marzipan fruit

sugarpaste decorations for the top of a christmas cake? either nativity figures or holly, reindeer, father christmas etc?

girlywhirly Mon 18-Jul-11 10:42:19

Spray paint pine cones and glue onto wine bottle corks as a base, make small place name cards to slot onto the cones. Use on Christmas dining table.

Tiny felt stockings; cut two stocking shapes and use fabric glue to stick together close to the edges. These can be decorated with felt shapes/ sequins etc also glued on. Attach a small cord loop if they are to be hung on a tree. Make sure there is enough room to put a sweet in each. These could be sewn instead of glued. These can also be used on the table as favours.

Home-made crackers.

Hopefully someone will be along to tell you which websites are best for childrens crafts, in the meantime why not google and see what you get, or go to the library and borrow a few books?

EcoLady Mon 18-Jul-11 19:00:08

Thank you both :-) Both the pine cone placeholders & marzipan figures are things that we hadn't thought of and will be perfect for the older Guides & Senior Section.

We've got oodles of links and tried-and-tested crafts... I came here to get those special, quirky, unique-because-your-gran-invented-it ideas smile

Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now