Talk

Advanced search

12 days of Christmas- what to do??

(7 Posts)
isitmidnightalready Thu 06-Jan-11 01:36:42

Ok, so it's nearly over for this year. But next year, I fancy having a 12 days of Chrismas celebration with the DC. Basically like the advent calendar build-up to Christmas but in reverse, winding down to taking down the tree etc on the 6th January.

So I thought we would enact the appropriate day of the song on the appropriate day of Christmas. So on day 1, Christmas Day 2011, we would somehow enact a partridge in a pear tree. On Boxing day we would do 2 french hens (live chickens in berets if the neighbours will len us two,alternatively chicken breasts cooked in garlic and served & eaten in a french accent).

And so on. I quite like the nine (?) ladies dancing (sounds like an excuse for a party).

Please help me with your wildest ideas for the 12 days of christmas next year - the madder the better!

I think we need to find 12 drummers drumming at some stage today...

BluddyMoFo Thu 06-Jan-11 02:07:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Horopu Thu 06-Jan-11 06:50:13

You are quite mad have too much time on your hands I think!

I am trying to think of some helpful suggestions but words fail me

Maybe you should update it and have more modern items.

grin

Good Luck

Avantia Thu 06-Jan-11 07:11:02

funny me and my two Ds were singing this in the car last night - had a memory block as to what was each day

12 Drummers Drumming
Eleven Pipers Piping
Ten Lords a Leaping
Nine Ladies Dancing
Eight Maids a Milking
Seven Swans a Swimming
Six Geese a Laying
Five Golden Rings
Four Calling Birds (or Colly Bird)
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Def agree that you have too much time on your hands grin

heronsfly Thu 06-Jan-11 07:29:32

You could always have 12 Bernard Matthews turkey drummers for dinner shock

mumofloads Thu 06-Jan-11 11:11:30

Rolf heronsfly.

I like this plan but have no idea how you would it.

Dh could buy me 5 gold rings grin, but whats a calling bird. Would the 8 maids a milking need cows or would goats do (can you milk a goat?).
No the logistics are to much I can't cope with this.

isitmidnightalready Thu 06-Jan-11 22:21:35

5 gold rings - I was more thinking of 5 yellow hoola hoops - one for each of us. Although I could drop some hints about the real gold rings ( I'd look like a rapper!). Yes I was struggling with the maids a milking (- well past breastfeeding now). Maybe a visit to the local farm?

Turkey drummers by Bernard Matthews - i could do that, heronsfly.

Have been thinking about this today at work - maybe a six goose-egg omelette? Origami swans on the local pond?

It's all the bloody birds in the first half that I am going to struggle with. I do know a man call Partridge - he refused to stand on a symbolic pear for me, though whenI mentioned it today!

You are right about too much time - although I work full time so do stay up very late thinking and doing these things - trying to cling to some illusion of real parenting! you should have seent the constant disappointment on my kids faces at the home-made advent calendars this year. Pictures of slugs and cute puppy eyes are no replacement for starting every day with chocolate.

It's always good to give the kids something to look back on and groan about!

Still looking for ideas please!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: