Talk

Advanced search

What presents went down well with your 4yo boys?

(41 Posts)
MegBusset Thu 30-Dec-10 18:38:21

Just wondering as it seems like a good time to buy DS1's birthday present in the sales, he's 4 in Feb. Lego Duplo and Playmobil road sweeper were his xmas presents

laughalot Thu 30-Dec-10 18:45:48

My ds is 6 but he loves his hot wheels, colour change lab it is from age 4 upwards.

moomaa Thu 30-Dec-10 18:48:33

DS just turned 4 love love loved his marble run. He also liked tap a nail, 'proper' lego and the vtech camera.

JustKeepSnowing Thu 30-Dec-10 18:53:12

DS1 (4) loved his helium balloon (until he popped it being too rough!) and anything Ben 10 (including vests & pants!) & his train table.

ChasingSquirrels Thu 30-Dec-10 18:54:17

his general grevious lightsaber - the only thing he wanted, and he has been SO pleased with it. Now need something for his 5th birthday at the end of Jan.

JustKeepSnowing Thu 30-Dec-10 18:59:27

Oh & DS1 just said his 'sword balloon' - a random long skinny balloon that was in the box with the helium one to take up space grin
The box is also a hit - a nice big one!

Lots of Toy Story stuff too, including a new duvet cover that HAD to be put on straight away.

MegBusset Thu 30-Dec-10 19:17:16

Got him the Toy Story 3 DVD but can't get him interested in it at all hmm.

I did look at that Hot Wheels colour change thingy for Xmas, is it any good?

ChasingSquirrels Thu 30-Dec-10 19:19:59

ds2 had some colour change hot wheels stuff last xmas time - so just before his 4th birthday.
they are quite good, but they do lose their colour changing ability - and the temp differences have to be quite extreme, we were using icy water (with snow in it to make it so) and almost boiling from the kettle water.

Changebagsandgladrags Thu 30-Dec-10 22:56:07

DS told me his Playmobil dragon castle is the best most favourite present in the world.

UniS Thu 30-Dec-10 23:46:03

Remote controlled car was hit of the day, but hardly touched since.
Bale wrapper and trailer for his toy tractor were the Real stars of his Christmas. LOTS of playing with .
Cars DVD was the stinker. hes refusing to even TRY watching it.

llareggub Thu 30-Dec-10 23:49:04

My DS also loves his Playmobil dragon castle. He calls it his Merlin castle and takes the glowing stone to bed with him every night.

He also loves fire engines (the playmobil one is fab) and his go-kart. Basically anything vehicle related is good for my sons!

wonka Fri 31-Dec-10 00:03:50

Playmobil castle again, vtech camera but not his buzz one his brothers kiddizoom plus one. LOL

LittlePushka Fri 31-Dec-10 00:40:41

Now, this is a thread I will come to love!! The big ones my 4 yo loves:

1. Digi-cool camera was THE hit of the day - its got a couple of fun little games on it too. Very robust and chunky. DS Carries it around with him every where (like a handbag!) and take photos of everything.

2. a "Dickie" (that's the make) Rescue helicopter. Again very robust with great noises and winch and chopper rescue men anstretcher board (as you can see, it was my best pressie too!)

3. Toy story 60 peice jigsaw

4.Sight word bingo (by Learning Resources - though they do not provide the smarties for getting it right!!

5. Playskool balance bike (very cheap on amazon and it converts easily to a pedal
bike. Its mint and he loves it)

6 Two ELC games went down a treat too - hanging monkeys and honey bee tree

bound to be something in there for him price range from about a fiver to forty pounds for the bike.

laughalot Fri 31-Dec-10 08:36:14

My ds has not stopped playing with the hot wheels but as I say he is 2 years older than your ds.

orangepoo Fri 31-Dec-10 08:40:39

My 4yo DS liked his Ben10 spaceship, Ben10 car and Ben10 aliens best.

cosysocks Fri 31-Dec-10 09:29:12

Batman batcave with superhero figures. If that was all he got he would have been a very happy little boy.

abgirl Fri 31-Dec-10 09:50:42

I know it is the work of the devilangry but my 5 and 3 yo DSs have played most with the moonsand crane that DS2 got. Also popular was a buzz, lego and a funny little game called 'Who am I?' that an aunty got them.

london0hull4 Fri 31-Dec-10 09:58:05

Another vote for the Batman batcave here.

FourArms Fri 31-Dec-10 10:03:52

DS2 (4.5) loved - Playdoh burger making set, scooter, Peppa Pig giant snakes and ladders, Lego and a couple of new DS games.

moomaa Fri 31-Dec-10 13:02:38

Reading this just makes me think that 4 is a lovely age where they like so much I suspect they won't be as easy to please when they get older.

MegBusset Fri 31-Dec-10 16:21:23

Oh thanks all, some lovely ideas here. Is he unusual in never having seen Batman, Star Wars or Ben 10, I wonder?

We did get some Moon Sand last birthday but I couldn't face the mess so got whisked away to a cupboard never to be seen again!

TheGoddessBlossom Fri 31-Dec-10 16:27:54

My 4 year old loves his Harmonica (what was I thinking), mind you DS1 (6) loves that too. Pretty keen on his DSi too....loves the slinky spring he got, and the tool belt....Peppa Pig flash cards...most of the stocking bits really!

FrostyPhlebas Fri 31-Dec-10 17:39:23

harmonica, glockenspiel & penny whistle
lightsabre
DVDs - prehistoric park, how to train your dragon, toy story 3
kid k'nex
marble run
schleich animals & dragons

Doigthebountyeater Fri 31-Dec-10 19:16:50

logiblocks (circuit blocks which connect)

a sound machine from Lakeland (most popular toy altogether for the one year old and the five year old)

books

SleepyCaz Fri 31-Dec-10 19:22:33

Ben 10 Guess Who, Gator Golf, Lego and Crayola Playdough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now