Talk

Advanced search

Is it OK to give toddler some Christmas pudding- thinking about alcohol?

(6 Posts)
winnybella Sat 25-Dec-10 20:44:30

We just had some Tesco Finest Xmas pud and DD obviously wanted some and DP said that it's fine, so she had a heaped tablespoon of it.

Now, I'm not British- so no clue whether small children eat it or not. Had a look on the ingredients list and it says brandy and cognac- and brandy is quite close to the beginning of the list so there's quite a bit of it, I guess.

I am a bit confused re alcohol and small children- I've heard and read so many times that even a tiny amount can be poisonous/lethal.

So, do your small children eat Xmas pud or not?

IAmReallyFabNow Sat 25-Dec-10 20:45:51

I made my own with brandy in it and my son had some. I think it cooks off so should be fine.

Sazisi Sat 25-Dec-10 20:48:52

Yes, alcohol gets cooked off, and christmas pudding gets cooked for hours so definitely fine.

winnybella Sat 25-Dec-10 20:50:58

Oh, you mean cooked before being sold in the shop, right? Because I just stuck it into the microwave for 2 minutes.

winnybella Sat 25-Dec-10 20:52:45

DP is making fun of me btw- so I think it was a really, really silly question to ask hmm grin

NormalityBites Sat 25-Dec-10 20:54:41

It burns off when you set it on fire.

My chocolate truffles however, they just have whisky in them and DD eats them happily- not many but she does blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: