Talk

Advanced search

Can I cry now? My Christmas present doesn't work.

(12 Posts)
IlanaK Fri 24-Dec-10 19:31:04

I know I am an adult and should be able to handle it but I am so disappointed.

I chose a new coffee machine for Xmas from DH. I asked him to get it set up today so that it would be ready for use in the morning. He has been wrestling with it for hours and can't get the warning light to stop flashing so it won't make coffee.

It is my only real present and I am so disappointed.

IlanaK Fri 24-Dec-10 19:44:03

No sympathy from anyone?

chrimblycompo Fri 24-Dec-10 19:45:49

Aw sad
dh probably feels worse though if he's been tinkering with it all day
go give him a glass of wine and tell him not to worry

IlanaK Fri 24-Dec-10 19:47:01

Do I have to tell him not to worry?? I want sympathy from him!!

littleducks Fri 24-Dec-10 19:47:12

What make and model is it? Someone may have the same and be able to help, my coffee machine was a total pain to set up, and the instructions were worse than useless.

IlanaK Fri 24-Dec-10 19:52:20

It's a Gaggia Syncrony Logic bean to cup machine. Bought online from Italy so will be such a pain to sort out any return.

jalopy Fri 24-Dec-10 21:25:05

Surely there must be a 'trouble shooting' section at the back of the instruction booklet suggesting possible reasons for the flashing light?

Sympathies, anyway.

IlanaK Fri 24-Dec-10 21:37:46

Yes there is. We have done everything itvsays and nothing works. Even googled it and found an online suggestion which also did not work. So have given up and resigned myself to not having a new coffee machine as well as the inevitable long battle with trying to get a refund after Xmas.

MrsClausWishesSantaWasAsleep Fri 24-Dec-10 22:07:26

You have my sympathy. This happened to me last year with a telescope. Maybe you should try it again tomorrow? You might see something you missed.

IlanaK Fri 24-Dec-10 22:22:19

I am now Soooooo upset as DH is packing it away and getting our old one back out so we can make coffee tomorrow. I can't believe how upset I am about this. It just feels like I am a kid and Santa didn't come.

winnybella Fri 24-Dec-10 22:25:45

Oh, come on- your poor dh is probably feeling awful right now. Perhaps start a new thread asking for help in setting it up?

Worst case you'll have to wait a few weeks for a replacement.

bloomingnora Fri 24-Dec-10 22:34:29

Bet he is not feeling as awful as my DH who after assuring me that he had all the kids christmas presents safe has discovered that he has lost DS1's zibit. He really wanted one and doesn't often ask for things so I was really excited about giving it to him. Disappointment is horrible whatever age you are. I hate having to pretend it's ok when it really isn't. I have just wrapped and labelled my own present btw.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: