Talk

Advanced search

Unfair distribution of presents (in stocking in particular)

(12 Posts)
LoopyLoopsOfSparklyFairyLights Wed 22-Dec-10 20:24:27

I am the Christmas queen in my family. I do everyone a stocking, and have just put everything in them to see how much I have.

DD has about 20 presents, too many, some having to go as under-the-tree presents. This means she has about 15 non-stocking presents.

DSis has about 8 in her stocking and about 5 under the tree.

DMother has about 7 in her stocking and about 5 under the tree.

DH has 6 in his stocking and about 5 under the tree.

Money-wise, DH has had most spent on him, then DSis and DM, but DD (only 18 months old!) has so much to open. Does this matter? She is the only child and it is all about children in my book. Am I being silly to worry about this? I just feel bad for DH having so few things in his stocking. His socks take up a lot of space! He always goes to so much trouble with my stocking.

LoopyLoopsOfSparklyFairyLights Wed 22-Dec-10 20:25:52

I also went with the MN Xmas eve new pjama tradition this year, which has set me back quite a bit! PJs all round... Maybe just children (will have another baby by then) next year.

said Wed 22-Dec-10 20:26:45

Surely adults don't really care about this stuff do they? I'm impressed you can be bothered to even do stockings for adults

suzikettles Wed 22-Dec-10 20:27:27

Dh is a grown up (as is DM and I'm assuming Dsis) so he definitely gets fewer presents than a child!

You're being a little bit silly, yes smile

I did Christmas stockings for all the adults one year. It was such a good laugh getting things for everyone and putting the stockings together - was a lot of work though so I take my hat off to you, Queen of Christmas grin

LadyBiscuit Wed 22-Dec-10 20:28:00

Xmas is all about kids really. Any adult who begrudges your child getting more than they do is a bit pathetic to be honest.

Hulababy Wed 22-Dec-10 20:41:43

DD is the only child. Christmas is about children. Of course she should have more pressies!

LoopyLoopsOfSparklyFairyLights Wed 22-Dec-10 20:51:08

OK, I was being silly! thank you! smile

BelligerentYhoULE Wed 22-Dec-10 20:51:51

Yes, of course dcs should have more than adults - that's what it's all about really!

BelligerentYhoULE Wed 22-Dec-10 20:52:08

X posts sorry!

LoopyLoopsOfSparklyFairyLights Wed 22-Dec-10 20:55:34

Thank you BS

LoopyLoopsOfSparklyFairyLights Wed 22-Dec-10 20:55:49

Sorry, BY

going Wed 22-Dec-10 21:00:09

The adults won't count the presents so really don't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now