Talk

Advanced search

Do gingerbread tree decs/houses go soft?

(9 Posts)
Iwasthefourthwiseman Tue 21-Dec-10 11:24:37

Just wondering whether gingerbread decs to put on the tree or gingerbread cottages people make go soft over Xmas?

StAnne Tue 21-Dec-10 13:16:54

I have just learnt put a sugar cube in the biscuit tin it might help! We eat them too quikly here to know. Hoping to make a gingerbread House today from scratch smile

Iwasthefourthwiseman Tue 21-Dec-10 17:45:55

But if they are on the tree or out do they go soft?

TheChewyToffeeMum Tue 21-Dec-10 17:46:46

Ours have got harder.

BigTillyMincepie Tue 21-Dec-10 18:06:32

Mine have never gone soft!

StAnne hope your house went well - have been icing my IKEA one, but have a major mend to do on the roof which broke in 2 and isn't sticking back together very well sad

StAnne Wed 22-Dec-10 18:00:51

No ran out of time. Have the walls and roof in a tin. Might make it tomorrow! confused

abgirl Wed 22-Dec-10 18:07:47

Our home made ones have gone soft before, usually after about a week (if they last that long without being munched!)

StAnne Thu 23-Dec-10 12:02:28

Gingerbread house made. Walls done last night. Decorated this morning with Ds. Looks lovely. I'll note how long it last ......No I can't we have too many children coming around for it to last ! smile Sorry can't down load photo no time off to works Xmas lunch! Will save it for next year grin

MickyLee Thu 23-Dec-10 16:06:18

I made my Ikea one yesterday. I give myself 100% for effort and 20% for appearence grin

Although this morning sad it had gone so soft that the roof had caved in!!! shock

Oh well at least my family saw it and had a good laugh and now can eat it.. tastes lovely btw

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: