Talk

Advanced search

HELP! HELP! HELP!

(6 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 20-Dec-10 15:11:33

My Christmas cake's gone mouldy!!!

Ours is the last of 3 I made this year to be iced and decorated (the other 2 were fine & have already been given to the people they were made for.

It was fine on Saturday when I fed it for the last time & has been in the same place as it has for the last 5 ish weeks. The only difference is that I'd intended to decorate it today so it decided to be an arse!

WWYD!?

Do I buy one?
Do I make another small one tonight after the dc's are in bed & decorate later in the week than planned & rustle up some mince pies instead to offer visitors?

Or, do I cut off the mouldy bits & pray it doesn't grow any more between now & xmas? Although this would be my least favourite idea......

Anyone? Please? I could cry! The other 2 were fab & looked really professional to say dd1 'helped' & now ours is ruined sad

lucysmam Mon 20-Dec-10 15:17:12

look at me please!!

TheGoddessBlossom Mon 20-Dec-10 15:18:09

not very helpful but how did it go mouldy?

Not much you can do but buy one I would think...

PortlyBlackSantaUpAChimney Mon 20-Dec-10 15:19:49

What % of it is mouldy?? I would shave it - but then i'm a mouldy cheese shaver too.

lucysmam Mon 20-Dec-10 15:21:08

No idea, it's been kept on top of the fridge, in the back hallway (coldest & darkest place in the house barring the understairs cupboard). I did the other 2 over the weekend and they were fine.

Very odd! & not fair that the other 2 have already been given away or I'd tell my dad he couldn't have his as I wanted it to offer to visitors

lucysmam Mon 20-Dec-10 15:22:31

Really Portly?

Have done that with cheese in the past. Maybe shave it off today & see what it's like Weds after Asda (oh the joy!)

It's not a lot, just a couple of little bits, but was enough for me to notice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now