Talk

Advanced search

Boxing day baby birthday celebrations?

(11 Posts)
Newbeginning1 Sun 19-Dec-10 09:55:59

It's DS' first birthday this year so I'm having to embrace the boxing day nightmare. What does everyone else do with their DCs on boxing day?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 19-Dec-10 10:01:26

New, sorry do you mean what do we all do with our DC or just those born on Boxing Day.

Had a bit of a heavy night last night if thats any excuse.

lucysmam Sun 19-Dec-10 11:24:48

My baby's 1st is on the 28th, I'm at a loss for what to do with her as well.

We were considering maybe inviting a few friends and family round for a 'tea party' for her & then doing something later on in the year with her like going to our local zoo or something like that.

Is there a pub somewhere local to you maybe with a soft play area you could take him to?

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 20-Dec-10 11:22:48

Lucysmam, that sounds perfect to me.

lucysmam Mon 20-Dec-10 13:10:06

My dad suggested it Jilted, as there's quite a few birthdays between both sides of our fanily that fall close but not as close as 3 days (thank goodness!) to Christmas.

It gives us a chance then to try and get our finances back in some sort of order (ish grin ) and to acknowledge her birthday, even though it'll not actually be on the day, by doing something she loved as a smaller baby. She was fascinated by the meercats they have there & spent ages just sat watching them

Toughasoldboots Mon 20-Dec-10 13:20:53

We have a birthday here on 23rd and 27th, maybe the zoo or something? Depends how snowed in you are, I have always found it really hard to motivate relatives/ guests to join in ( because of other Christmas bookings).

dustycups Mon 20-Dec-10 13:35:51

my dds birthday is the 28th of december and for her 1st and 2nd she was pretty much forgotten about and no one wanted to make any effort to see her, so last year we moved her birthday to the 28th of jan! it worked perfectly, no xmas decs left up, christmas was forgotten about by then, she had a party for her friends, and she got awesome gifts cos people got them in the sales! we have now decided she will think her birthday is the 28th of jan till she old enough to understand why we moved it.

did do do something like go out for lunch and soft play or something on the 28th of dec but just dont tell her its her birthday but i feel i couldnt just treat it like a normal day!

lucysmam Mon 20-Dec-10 14:24:28

That's a good idea dusty, we might have to make it February here & forget my awful SIL's though as dd1's falls on Jan 25th.

Will have a chat with dp later on about moving it to another day though

dustycups Mon 20-Dec-10 14:51:23

it does work really well!! even preschool etc know too, so send her card then and she takes in cake etc!

lucysmam Mon 20-Dec-10 15:13:23

I'll try and remember that for when she gets to preschool age, thanks

Dysgu Mon 20-Dec-10 16:03:06

Hmm that is a thought as DD2 arrived (very early) on Christmas Eve 2008. Last year we had an open house but we are DOING Christmas Day this year for my family so I think DD2 will basically be overlooked - I even have an appointment in the morning to have my nails done!

We could quite easily move her birthday to January... might have to mention that to DP later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now