Talk

Advanced search

DH needs a new dressing gown - help?

(13 Posts)
maktaitai Sun 19-Dec-10 00:10:43

In conversation dh dropped the info that he's bought himself something I was going to get him... He desperately needs a new dressing gown. He is a big lad (6'4") but mainly I am looking for a really lovely luxurious gown for max 30 quid grin Any recommendations?

threefeethighandrising Sun 19-Dec-10 00:16:24

TK Maxx! Got my dad a really nice dressing gown for £30.

gillybean2 Sun 19-Dec-10 08:56:24

High and Mighty will have something to fit

www.highandmighty.co.uk/shop/search/window/show.ac tion?searchString=dressing+gown&categoryLpgUid=560 05

CherryTheRedNosedMonster Sun 19-Dec-10 09:43:24

my brother is 6 foot 7. i bought his dressing gown in primark and he adores it, its thick, fluffy, black and the perfect size for him. cost me £12. alternatively, they have some lovely dressing gowns in sainsburys, for about £16, they are so soft.

maktaitai Sun 19-Dec-10 17:21:17

ooh thank you all. As for the prices - love it, love it, love it more!

herbietea Sun 19-Dec-10 17:26:22

Message withdrawn

maktaitai Sun 19-Dec-10 17:32:49

ooh herbie, how far down your dh does that go? Knee or further?

emsyj Sun 19-Dec-10 17:40:42

I've just got one for DH from the King of Cotton website. Their prices are really good and it arrived in no time.

herbietea Sun 19-Dec-10 20:24:14

Message withdrawn

Dexterrocks Sun 19-Dec-10 20:56:04

It blows the budget but the Jedi Knight/Darth Vader ones on Play.com are huge - it would be very close to the floor even on a man over 6 feet. They are thick and soft and luxurious - and a great laugh too!

maktaitai Sun 19-Dec-10 22:28:59

emsyj, I looked at those ones. Hmm - but the play.com ones are 144cm long, that's the length I'm looking for. I'm just not sure about the sleeves - aren't they a bit flappy, wouldn't they go into your cereal?

stegasaurus Mon 20-Dec-10 12:06:31

My DH is the same height as yours and has a lovely warm, long enough for him dressing gown from Debenhams (I'm currently wearing it!). He has had it a few years, but I just checked the website to see how much they cost now and similar looking ones are about £40. I can highly recommend this dressing gown as I wear it more than he does. I do have my own but his is much warmer and thicker.

Dexterrocks Mon 20-Dec-10 16:48:10

Sorry, the dressing gown is wrapped and delivered now so I can't check the sleeve width. We got one for my SIL's boyfriend. He is v tall and broad and is a massive Star Wars fan. We got him a light sabre to go with it of course! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now