Talk

Advanced search

presents for old men please!

(10 Posts)
MarineIguana Thu 16-Dec-10 14:26:15

I always find this the hardest - need presents for FIL and stepdad, both in their 70s. Seriously behind with xmas shopping this year and it would be good to get something easy to post or that can be delivered direct. They are both cultured old sorts with plenty of dosh and don't really want for much. Scarves, aftershave etc are not needed... could just send them some whisky but is there anything else?

Books would be ideal if anyone knows of any that have gone down well? Or any other suggestions! TIA

grumpypants Thu 16-Dec-10 14:27:50

I just bought my posh grandparents a beautiful bottle opener and wine bottle stopper. HTH?

MarineIguana Thu 16-Dec-10 14:31:21

Thanks grumpy! will add to my list.
You share a nickname with my 9mo DD

grumpypants Thu 16-Dec-10 14:37:02

Pants? That's cruel...grin I also ran it past my dm, who approved as the gps drink sherry before dinner every night. Totally ran out of scarf/ slipper/ leather glove/ etc opportunities years ago.

Last year I bought a digital photo frame, and had the family email photos which I downloaded onto a memory card to go with it.

UnquietDad Thu 16-Dec-10 14:40:18

Would second the digital photo frame. Got my parents one in their 70s. Worth spending on a decent size one too.

grumpypants Thu 16-Dec-10 14:49:31

...because of their eyesight? [Childish emoticon]

vintageteacups Thu 16-Dec-10 14:51:45

Port or whisky. Why not choose a really nice whisky from a little distillery rather than a 'famous', supermarket one. The it will be something he likes (if he drinks whisky) but you will have taken time choosing a special one.

vintageteacups Thu 16-Dec-10 14:52:38

Or buy him a lovely Stilton and some port or bake him a rich fruit cake to go with it.

OhBuggerandArse Thu 16-Dec-10 14:54:17

Patum peperium. Traditional gift from children to all old buffers. Easy to post!

UnquietDad Thu 16-Dec-10 15:07:19

I mean decent size memory! One that can hold a lot of photos. But yes, also not a tiddly-frame one like those that go on fridges.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: