Talk

Advanced search

recipe for homemade baileys?

(14 Posts)
frazzled74 Tue 14-Dec-10 21:59:21

does anyone have a recipe for baileys, i would like to make some for presents?

lucysmam Tue 14-Dec-10 22:00:53

I got one last year but it only lasted a couple of days in the fridge because of cream in it. Wasn't that nice either. Not sure if I still have it filed away but will have a look for you

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 14-Dec-10 22:04:31

some here. And some more here.

lucysmam Tue 14-Dec-10 22:18:43

Never mind, OldLady got there before me, there's loads there & mine wasn't that good anyway

frazzled74 Tue 14-Dec-10 22:40:37

perhaps i shouldnt bother then? or maybe forget the cream and just use carnation. thanks for links ,i will have a good look.

Teela Tue 14-Dec-10 22:42:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crumpet Tue 14-Dec-10 22:48:17

OMG that has just taken me right back to the 6th form - drunken nights round at friends with jugs of home made baileys. Can't believe it was over 20 years ago...

frazzled74 Tue 14-Dec-10 23:05:34

yes crumpet, maybe thats why i want the homemade stuff, nostalgia!

crumpet Tue 14-Dec-10 23:11:08

Think we used Kahlua, tia maria if kahlua wasn't available, and tins of carnation. Probably whiskey too. Not sure about the rest, but we made pints of the stuff.

God we thought we were sophisticated.

You weren't at Island school were you? <long shot>

Teela Tue 14-Dec-10 23:30:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZacharyQuack Tue 14-Dec-10 23:44:58

Mum makes "Baileys" every Christmas. It does not taste like Bailey, and she is miserly with the whiskey. She also likes to use Weight Watchers choc sauce to lower the calories.

Completely misses the point sad

frazzled74 Wed 15-Dec-10 00:17:54

no crumpet, wasnt at island school,must have been a global "fake baileys" trend!

NetworkGuy Wed 15-Dec-10 00:51:47

I have tried some of the alternatives from Asda, Lidl and Somerfield in the past, and considering the price of Baileys, the cheaper alternatives were very good, and I am very unlikely to buy Baileys in future.

I think Somerfield (Co-Op) is selling the 70cl bottles at 9.99 like they did last year, if you have to have the genuine Baileys.

I was given a 1 litre bottle yesterday at 7pm and sadly it is almost half empty now (hic)

Luckily several of my clients are likely to give me further bottles in the next week....

crumpet Wed 15-Dec-10 17:18:27

Unfortunately as a result of those days I can no longer drink the stuff - even tiramisu holds no appeal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now