Talk

Advanced search

Amazon - next day delivery

(17 Posts)
Katz Tue 14-Dec-10 14:37:50

does anyone know if this is actually happening in reality?

I want to buy something which is £30 cheaper on amazon but am not trusting free delivery to get it here in time for christmas, if i plump for the £7 next day delivery will it come?

DanceInTheDark Tue 14-Dec-10 14:41:09

Depends where you are i think. Amazon struggle at this time of year and with the snow they are suffering from a backlog and with more snow predicted i would look elsewhere personally.

Katz Tue 14-Dec-10 14:46:08

thanks

bartonian Tue 14-Dec-10 14:54:30

DH ordering stuff using Amazon Prime and it is arriving within 2 days - we are in London though, not sure if that makes a difference?

herbietea Tue 14-Dec-10 15:00:46

Message withdrawn

Katz Tue 14-Dec-10 15:00:48

hmm were in South Yorkshire - i have parcels that were ordered pre the last lot on snow and they've not appeared yet and it looks like we're on for more snow thursday which is when my next day would arrive.

DanceInTheDark Tue 14-Dec-10 15:02:01

Have you looked on PLay for it?

Can MN help find it at Amazon prices?

werewolf Tue 14-Dec-10 15:02:03

My free deliveries are getting here fine. Probably depends where you are.

Katz Tue 14-Dec-10 15:08:43

its the trunki boostpak carseat rucksack thingy. £25 on amazon but £39 in Johnlewis, i need 2! i might just chance it with the next day delivery, the saving is still really good.

FattyArbuckel Tue 14-Dec-10 18:45:36

I have Prime for next day delivery - yet I am still waiting for stuff ordered on 9th Dec - if it arrives tomorrow it will be 6 days not one. There has been no snow in my area - so a pretty poor show from Amazon imo.

mogs0 Tue 14-Dec-10 19:00:04

I ordered something on the 5th Dec. Website was showing delivery by 10th and it arrived today. We've had no snow at all but it got stuck somewhere in the postal system further north.

mollymax Tue 14-Dec-10 19:15:51

I ordered something on Saturday.
Standard delivery paid.
It arrived today.
smile

Seona1973 Tue 14-Dec-10 19:53:09

I am waiting on something with a delivery date of the 8th - the tracking says it was sent to the courier on the 2nd - still nothing arrived. Amazon have now re-ordered it for me in 2 lots and it is supposed to come first class post.

BigTillyMincepie Tue 14-Dec-10 20:11:29

I'm in London and waiting for a couple of items ordered 2 weeks ago, although other stuff from those orders has arrived.

mustdash Tue 14-Dec-10 20:14:45

We're in Scotland, and have Amazon Prime - supposed next day delivery. Some things are coming in around 3 days, but others are over a week late now. It's annoying because they post some stuff, and courier others, so you can't always track or chase stuff.

Normally brilliant though.

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 14-Dec-10 20:16:39

Get a Prime trial for it, just make sure you cancel it before the end of the year..

Prime stuff is taking 2-3 days at the moment I think, Royal Mail stuff is fine generally, it's the courier-sent stuff that takes the time.

Do it, you've still got a week

Katz Tue 14-Dec-10 20:37:59

went for it and paid the extra for next day so fingers crossed, just need them for the holiday we're going on on the 27th.

fingers crossed

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: