Talk

Advanced search

Quick question before I commit - anyone used those DIY Helium kits?

(9 Posts)

DD birthday/slash Xmas do on Saturday. Was looking at the canisters you do it yourself, anyone used one successfully? Or will it fail miserably and I'll have to beg my local florist to do some?

blush found a thread that said they seem ok, couldn't find on before as I can't spell.

gregssausageroll Tue 14-Dec-10 11:32:15

Yes. I've used the kit you can get in ASDA twice. No problems Not as good as professional ones as they only really lasted the day but they are ok.

grinonly need them for a day, brilliant thankyou

GruffalosGirl Tue 14-Dec-10 12:35:42

We used the Asda one last year, it did loads of balloons and the normal balloons lasted a few days. The foil balloon we did lasted 3 weeks

sazm Tue 14-Dec-10 16:32:18

we found it was actually cheaper to go to matalan and get them to do them for us!and they lasted well over a week

pants, I dont have a car and my nearest matalan is 40 minutes bus ride.... I don't think the driver would be to impressed if I got on with a load of balloons grin

sazm Tue 14-Dec-10 18:16:52

haha oh well we found the cheapest one to be from clintons ( but we dnt have an asda) they done a deal where you bought the canister then the balloons were 3 for 2 (not sure if that offers still on or not)

depends how many you want to do (we were doing a big hall for a birthday party)

TheMonster Tue 14-Dec-10 18:18:14

I've done it a few times. The balloons you get with it are rubbish though, so if you can, buy some foil ones to inflate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now