Talk

Advanced search

Is a night alone an unreasonable present to ask for?

(10 Posts)
christmasheave Mon 13-Dec-10 22:47:24

DH keeps asking what I want for Christmas.

What I would love more than anything else is a night in a hotel with room service, a large bottle of wine and the TV remote all to myself. If it had a sauna where I could wind down earlier as well, I would almost weep with joy.

I love my family, but after Bfing for a long time and being tied to the house every night, I dream of a night alone without the demands of the children...and DHs snoring blush.

So, what do you reckon? Is it worth even asking?

juneybean Mon 13-Dec-10 22:47:57

Go for it!

defineme Mon 13-Dec-10 22:49:22

Oh yes-get him on lastminute.com-I got a malmaison deal which had lovely hot tub and sauna for very little last January.

StayFrosty Mon 13-Dec-10 22:50:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

christmasheave Mon 13-Dec-10 22:50:18

defineme, that sounds wonderful!

SparklyJules Mon 13-Dec-10 22:50:25

That sounds like absolute bliss!

frazzled74 Mon 13-Dec-10 22:54:29

sounds great! book it yourself, i wouldnt even need a swanky spa hotel, a travelodge, my book and a takeaway on my own would be lovely.

christmasheave Mon 13-Dec-10 22:55:05

StayFrosty. I hear what you're saying. DH has also bought me slippers for the second year running. I do like the new slippers, but last time I checked I wasn't my grandmother.

titferbrains Mon 13-Dec-10 22:55:21

definitely ask for it and be really clear that it's what you really want. when we go away to see family every year I really enjoy climbing into hotel bed (dd asleep and they eat really early there) and watching tv till I fall asleep. lying right in the middle of the bed grin. DD is asleep in the room but it's as good as being alone. Very relaxing.

christmasheave Mon 13-Dec-10 22:55:52

You know, Travelodge, book and Takeaway does sound very good too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: