Talk

Advanced search

Present help! Mid 30s female relative by marriage

(10 Posts)
Wigeon Mon 13-Dec-10 21:28:33

I have reached the point in present-buying where I am completely bereft of ideas! Need something for mid-30s woman married (well, civil-partnered) to my cousin - close to my cousin, don't actually know her partner that well. Partner is an art teacher, arty (!), well-travelled, lives in Brighton (but not hugely alternative).

Budget - £20 max. Needs to be postable (or orderable-online). Thought about some sort of gift voucher, but I hate people knowing eactly how much I spent on them (especially when we have a smaller budget than them)!

Help help help!

posey Mon 13-Dec-10 21:32:36

I think I'd probably go for nice scarf/gloves set. Not very original but always useful (imho!) and easy to post.

Vinomonster Mon 13-Dec-10 21:37:11

Posh scented candle from somewhere like White Company?

Alouiseg Mon 13-Dec-10 21:43:48

A posh body lotion. £20 would buy a gorgeous one and it would be luxorious for the recipient, not many people spend that sort of money on a bit of body cream.

My fave is Aromatics Elixir by Clinique. Smells so gorgeous there is no need for perfume.

Wigeon Mon 13-Dec-10 21:51:46

Mmmm, do any of you want to buy me some Christmas presents?! (early-30s female). Thank you - good ideas.

makemineapinot Mon 13-Dec-10 21:53:07

alouiseg I love Aromatics Elixir too - the body lotion is fab!!! Running oujt of eau de oparfum though sad so will have to drop hints like mad grin so I second that!! White company things are fab too. And I saw an advert that M&S are selling their festive hamperhalf price at £22.50 at the moment.

Dexterrocks Mon 13-Dec-10 21:55:33

If she is an Art teacher she will be washing her hands ALL the time. I really luxurious hand cream would probably be appreciated.

ArcticRoll Mon 13-Dec-10 21:56:54

How about voucher for Terre a Terre-fantastic restaurant in Brighton?

taffetazatyousantaclaus Mon 13-Dec-10 22:10:40

I have bought one of these for BIL and girlfriend ( late 30's ), with some homemade biscotti on the side.

Dexterrocks Tue 14-Dec-10 10:00:41

taffet that is ace!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: