Talk

Advanced search

Present help! Mid 30s female relative by marriage

(10 Posts)
Wigeon Mon 13-Dec-10 21:28:33

I have reached the point in present-buying where I am completely bereft of ideas! Need something for mid-30s woman married (well, civil-partnered) to my cousin - close to my cousin, don't actually know her partner that well. Partner is an art teacher, arty (!), well-travelled, lives in Brighton (but not hugely alternative).

Budget - £20 max. Needs to be postable (or orderable-online). Thought about some sort of gift voucher, but I hate people knowing eactly how much I spent on them (especially when we have a smaller budget than them)!

Help help help!

posey Mon 13-Dec-10 21:32:36

I think I'd probably go for nice scarf/gloves set. Not very original but always useful (imho!) and easy to post.

Vinomonster Mon 13-Dec-10 21:37:11

Posh scented candle from somewhere like White Company?

Alouiseg Mon 13-Dec-10 21:43:48

A posh body lotion. £20 would buy a gorgeous one and it would be luxorious for the recipient, not many people spend that sort of money on a bit of body cream.

My fave is Aromatics Elixir by Clinique. Smells so gorgeous there is no need for perfume.

Wigeon Mon 13-Dec-10 21:51:46

Mmmm, do any of you want to buy me some Christmas presents?! (early-30s female). Thank you - good ideas.

makemineapinot Mon 13-Dec-10 21:53:07

alouiseg I love Aromatics Elixir too - the body lotion is fab!!! Running oujt of eau de oparfum though sad so will have to drop hints like mad grin so I second that!! White company things are fab too. And I saw an advert that M&S are selling their festive hamperhalf price at £22.50 at the moment.

Dexterrocks Mon 13-Dec-10 21:55:33

If she is an Art teacher she will be washing her hands ALL the time. I really luxurious hand cream would probably be appreciated.

ArcticRoll Mon 13-Dec-10 21:56:54

How about voucher for Terre a Terre-fantastic restaurant in Brighton?

taffetazatyousantaclaus Mon 13-Dec-10 22:10:40

I have bought one of these for BIL and girlfriend ( late 30's ), with some homemade biscotti on the side.

Dexterrocks Tue 14-Dec-10 10:00:41

taffet that is ace!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now