Talk

Advanced search

wheelybug on special offer - daft to buy for 5mo DD??

(8 Posts)
BabaTaz Mon 13-Dec-10 17:54:05

Amazon have got wheelbugs on special offer and I really want to buy one for DD as a Christmas present.

I know it's way to early for her to use it but money is going to be very tight from Jan onwards due to dropping down to one salary so part of me feels like Christmas is the last chance to spend money on frivolous things.

I guess I'm looking for someone to tell me that wheelbugs are fab things that are worth buying in advance to justify buying one now!!

fel1x Mon 13-Dec-10 17:55:52

They are fab (if you have enough non carpeted space) BUT at only 5 months I'd say it will be at least a yeaar till your DD can use it!! Its quite big to keep just sitting there for a year of no use imo. They may have an offer again near next xmas?

MassiveKnob Mon 13-Dec-10 17:57:44

don't buy it if she cannot use it yet. there will be more offers, lots of them. save your money.

goodmanners Mon 13-Dec-10 17:59:57

I had a go on one of these last week (yes really) i was suprised how hard the seat was.

thisisyesterday Mon 13-Dec-10 18:01:29

actually i would say buy it if it's a very good price

gthere isn't much you can get a 5 month old is there? so you may as well buy something to use in the future IMO!

simpson Mon 13-Dec-10 18:12:12

If the price is really good I would buy it too. But then I am known amongst my friends for doing stuff like this and then hoarding saving it in the attic till Xmas or a birthday etc. blush

My Dcs (5 & 2) have got a large wheelybug each and they are used all the time. DD even learnt to walk using the wheelybug as a walker (pushing it the wrong way round iyswim) but thats not recommended if you have a slippery floor.

We have just got a wodden floor laid (had carpets before) and the Dcs have already discovered wheelybugs go much faster on this new surface grin

simpson Mon 13-Dec-10 18:12:48

wooden blush

BabaTaz Mon 13-Dec-10 18:47:27

fel1x has a good point - we've a truely tiny house so storing the thing could be entertaining.

To be honest whilst the discount is good it's not in the never to be repeated territory so maybe I should be sensible (first time for everything!!).

Good to know that they are worth getting for future reference though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now