Talk

Advanced search

urgent help 5yr old ds who hates lego...

(20 Posts)
onanightlikethis Mon 13-Dec-10 17:20:10

ds hates lego, or any consruction type toys. we got him a playmobil castle last year and he doesnt play with this type of thing either. he loves music, so he has a drum set and cheap mp3 with speakers...but am really struggling to think of other things for him..his 6yr old brother has a a big pile of lego, knex etc...any ideas??

sooz28 Mon 13-Dec-10 17:23:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

onanightlikethis Mon 13-Dec-10 17:59:17

got bike, scooter, keyboard already. he doesnt really want anything...

Deemented Mon 13-Dec-10 18:02:20

Imaginext by fisher price - have a looksee - am sure there will be something he'll like.

thebonkers Mon 13-Dec-10 18:06:38

Garage, cars - my ds really liked these he is 7 now and still plays with them all the time...he als really not into lego although has done the odd bit more recently... How about some board games?

Othersideofthechannel Mon 13-Dec-10 18:10:00

If he is artistic, would he like puppets and puppet theatre?

belgo Mon 13-Dec-10 18:11:36

remote controlled car
robot
trains

jollyoldstnickschick Mon 13-Dec-10 18:11:49

Musical stuff?

craft stuff

trampoline

art sets

roller skates

playdough

train set

Othersideofthechannel Mon 13-Dec-10 18:12:22

Also Hama beads recommended on here for girls 5+ but I find DS makes more with them

belgo Mon 13-Dec-10 18:13:18

Does he like drawing/crafts? What about a desk?

Dexterrocks Mon 13-Dec-10 18:16:56

How about that thing for making little animations - my dh got my dd that at the weekend in Tesco. It looks great fun. They put playdough around a hinged mini manequin and then take photos, moving it slightly every time and then put it all together to make a film. I will go and find out what it is called.

Would he like a dance mat?

Or toy saxophone?

Penny whistle?

Tickets to a kids concert?

Dexterrocks Mon 13-Dec-10 18:18:39

this

Glitterandglue Mon 13-Dec-10 18:29:42

3/4 size guitar? Harmonica? Board games? Simple science/make-lots-of-mess sets? Scalextric? PC games? Bubble machine/giant bubble set?

onanightlikethis Mon 13-Dec-10 18:32:06

thanks for all the ideas...with having an older brother we have the trampoline already, saxaphone his godmum has bought,games he got some for his birthday last month...he likes following me about, doing jobs..he has a ds, its more about making their piles equal, while i like the fact of concert tickets..he wouldnt be excited about that on xmas day....hes not into art or craft, we have hama beads and playdough..hes is soo hard to buy for!

SecretSanta36D Mon 13-Dec-10 18:56:47

My son hates anything sporty or cars/lego. We brought him top trumps, board games (monopoly, Othello, cludo and the like) , calculators, books, the science museum toys.

healthyElfy Mon 13-Dec-10 20:18:22

metal detector
insect law kit

dinkystinky Mon 13-Dec-10 20:58:05

camera?
videocam?
microscope (science museum toy)?

DaftApeth Mon 13-Dec-10 21:24:57

Video camera, CDs, something with a microphone that he can record his music onto - in my day, it would have been a cassette recorder with a microphone grin

Audiobooks, music lessons?

eatyourveg Mon 13-Dec-10 21:27:25

all 3 dc hated lego and duplo and all those other construction things.

they loved cars though and we went through several garages. The obvious brio train set had additions each christmas such as the latest drawbridge or tunnel. Our other main presents over the years were dressing up costumes eg fireman, policeman doctor, superman, buzz lightyear.

what about one of those fold up tents with a tunnel attached? Brilliant indoors or outdoors. It could be his own private den.

Baysmum Mon 13-Dec-10 21:28:45

I have 5 yr old ds and had exactly same prob - every other mother was saying lego!!! He hates all that boyish stuff! Finally settled on X factor tour tickets!! My dh can't wait (haha) - I can't go as too pregnant (yay)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now