Talk

Advanced search

Saver Stamps - Sad but im excited!!

(7 Posts)
storminabuttercup Mon 13-Dec-10 17:00:17

We found out i was pregnant last year just after xmas, since then DP has been getting morrisons saver stamps to save for christmas. things are tight but were not completely broke if you get what i mean. But we now have 100 pounds to put to our weekly shop the week before xmas so we can get lovely christmas goodies. And i'm so excited!! I'm such a saddo!

Oh and its not even for xmas dinner stuff as we are going to my parents for that!

OH keeps laughing because i keep saying that i'm going to write a list so i dont forget any yummies.

Please just one person say you do the same!

[bored and baby is sleeping] smile

CherryTheRedNosedMonster Mon 13-Dec-10 17:10:10

my mum does this, and she saves her clubcard vouchers. last week she got £240 worth of booze for £4.60 thanks to her clubcard vouchers, and she has £200 in savings stamps for the food. i always mean to do it, but never actually remember.

storminabuttercup Mon 13-Dec-10 17:15:07

wow, thats fab!! i like the idea of the stamps as it means you dont actually feel like you are spending anything!

unfortunately i only know of morrisons and iceland who do this, and although im not an iceland nazi, i cant imagine spending £100 there!

SantarissaCripslock Mon 13-Dec-10 17:58:18

Tesco do the stamps too. I saved them up last year and bought my laptop in the sales! grin

curlycat Mon 13-Dec-10 18:48:31

Asda have a card you can add money to whenever you like as well.

oxocube Mon 13-Dec-10 18:57:42

My mum does this for me every year. We don't live in England but always go to visit my parents just before Christmas and stock up on English goodies. It's fabulous to have 50 pounds worth of Morrisons stamps to spend on treats we can't usually get smile

storminabuttercup Tue 14-Dec-10 10:59:53

oh oxo thats great :-)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: