Talk

Advanced search

Decorations in Oxford?

(7 Posts)
wanttomove Sun 12-Dec-10 21:37:09

Hi

OK, our tree went up at the weekend and we realised that all our baubles were pre-child and fragile glass (bought abroad) which I don't want ds aged 2 breaking (on both levels!)

So, I want to get some cheap-ish baubles/decorations for tree which look stylish but are cheap. I know that B&Q / Homebase do cheap boxes but I think they look cheap (apologies to anyone who has them). Does anyone know anywhere in Oxford that does more expensive looking (but not necessarily expensive)decos?

TIA

gillybean2 Sun 12-Dec-10 22:41:21

When I lived near oxford I would go to Burford garden centre. They had loads of wonderful decorations there (metal bells, fabric/wire stars and the like). They will have some still but I fear you are rather late in the season to get the really good choice of stuff they have there.

www.burford.co.uk/site/index.cfm

whomovedmychocolate Sun 12-Dec-10 22:46:18

Debenhams sell them. Burford garden centre is good too.

Or don't rule out Sainsburys they sometimes have some good ones. Next sell quite nice ones too.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 12-Dec-10 22:46:45

Or the Wyevale garden centre at Bicester - they have shedloads.

ABird Sun 12-Dec-10 22:47:57

Burford have 20% off baubles at the moment.

maktaitai Sun 12-Dec-10 22:49:10

I think I would go to Northlight on the High Street and buy four or five there, and then to Boswells for cheaper stuff?

wanttomove Mon 13-Dec-10 16:39:53

Thanks all. I was completely clueless about where to buy 'bulk' baubles in Oxford.

The Burford garden centre was too far for me and I was just popping into Oxford so bought some things from Northlight - thanks maktaitai I would never have thought to go there! - and some from Pog?(across the street from NL) and have ordered some shatterproof standard baubles from JL.

By tomorrow night I will have a lovely tree ... :D

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: