Nigella's fully festive ham
Winter coleslaw
Roast veg & tabouleh salad

Other dishes we will eat Christmas week will include:
fish pie
Venison stew
Bloody Mary soup & crusty bread
Stilton & mushroom toasties

For Christmas morning breakfast we always used to have smoked salmon & scrambled eggs. We now have Nigella's Christmas morning muffins instead.

BelligerentGhoul Sun 12-Dec-10 18:37:31

Christmas Eve - we have a cheeseboard, white rolls (have wholemeal the rest of the year!), veggie sausage rolls, red cabbage, beetroot, salads, cucumber in vinegar, posh crisps etc. Mince pies, Christmas Cake and meringues with cream and berries for pudding.

Christmas Day - dauphinoisse potatoes; huge tin of roasted new potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, baby onions; stuffing; savoy cabbage; sprouts and chestnuts; steamed baby carrots, green beans and asparagus; port wine gravy. Dp is the only meat eater and he wants beef - the rest of us will probably just have everything else without the meat. Or I may leave the butternut squash out of the roasted veggies and do squash stuffed with cous cous, pine nuts etc as a main.

Organic Christmas pud, brandy sauce or cream for pud.

For supper much later, we tend to have cheese and crackers, pickles etc and more mince pies/Christmas cake.

New Years Eve - big fat veggie curry with chickpeas and paneer, saffron rice, spiced cabbage, pakoras etc. I will buy the pakoras but make the rest. Chocolate cake and ice cream.

SnowMuchToBits Sun 12-Dec-10 18:57:16

Christmas Eve - Nice bread, salad bits, ham, pate, smoked salmon, cheeses for lunch.

Evening - quiches, salads, home made bread, and the oblgatory mince pie. And trifle (made with cherry panettone, cherries in kirsch, cherry compote, and a custard with Marsala in it!

Christmas lunch - roast chicken, stuffing, bacon rolls, chipolatas, bread sauce, roast potatoes, parmesan roast parsnips, sprouts. Then Christmas pudding, brandy sauce.

Christmas evening, cheeseboard, Christmas cake, whatever nibbles people want.

Boxing day lunch - homemade soup, homemade bread, salad. Then whatever leftover desserts.

Evening - cold chicken, ham, pickles, baked potatoes, braised red cabbage, etc. Also prune and armagnac ice cream/mulled wine sorbet, although these may have been started earlier. Apart from the Christmas pudding, most desserts are flexible! grin

mrstimlovejoy Sun 12-Dec-10 19:08:48

christmas eve -
homemade curry,rice,naan bread etc
christmas day -
turkey [from local farm]
beef [from local farm]
dauphinnoise potatoes
roast potatoes
broccoli
cauliflower
carrots
brussels
stuffing
yorkshire pudding
followed by -
xmas pudding and brandy sauce or
homemade raspberry cheesecake
coffee and mince pies
having a late lunch but will put a cheeseboard out in the evening
boxing day -
at inlaws but will take homemade baileys cheesecake

Hulababy Sun 12-Dec-10 19:14:55

8y DD has chosen Christmas dinner this year - she and Dh take it in turns.

So her and DD are having duck with honey and figs, with roasted potatoes and steaed green vegetables, followed by heston's christmas pudding. I will have fish I think.

Hulababy Sun 12-Dec-10 19:15:48

Boxing Day PILs are coming over. I think I am cooking filet of beef in a horseradish crust, with Yorkshire puddings and a selection of roast vegetables.

tulpe Sun 12-Dec-10 22:27:14

mrstimlovejoy could I possibly have your recipe for Baileys cheesecake? Sounds delicious!

mrstimlovejoy Mon 13-Dec-10 11:13:49

tulpe
100g unsalted butter
250g crushed digestive biscuits
450g cream cheese
100g icing sugar
200ml double cream
5 tbsp baileys or any irish cream [i've used baileys and asdas own and both tasted good]

melt butter and add crushed biscuits
press into base of a 9inch tin
leave in fridge for 1 hour
whip cream into soft peaks
in a seperate bowl beat cream cheese until soft and beat in icing sugar and baileys
fold in the cream
smooth onto biscuit base
chill in fridge for at least 2 hours
can be made and chilled overnight
ENJOY

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: