Talk

Advanced search

What are you eating on Christmas Day?

(11 Posts)
TooTiredtoGoogle Sat 11-Dec-10 21:15:55

Just looking for inspiration as it will just be me, DH and 3.6yo DD.
We're not really turkey people and would prefer something a bit more exotic, but no idea what ??
smile

CherryTheRedNosedMonster Sat 11-Dec-10 21:39:40

we probably only have turkey every 3 years or so. this year we are having duck and lamb,last year we had goose and roast beef.

PressureDrop Sat 11-Dec-10 21:40:47

I like turkey (at Christmas only), but I duck or goose are both lovely birds. A nice Christmassy ham goes down well, too.

AllSheepareWhite Sat 11-Dec-10 21:47:10

We are having goose, much tastier than turkey in my opinion and bigger than a duck. Pheasant?

mummyshreddingnora Sat 11-Dec-10 21:47:47

chicken! DH is a veggie, and DD won't eat much meat so its me and DS really - not worth a whole turkey!

Clary Sat 11-Dec-10 21:51:14

Goose is good for a few people as you don't get masses from it (so it's not great for more than about 5).

Pheasant - you will need a brace for 3 of you and watch out for lead shot! (I told a friend this once and she thought I was kidding - till she found some!)

We are having free-range chicken because I love it hot or cold.

TooTiredtoGoogle Sat 11-Dec-10 22:07:05

Goose sounds good.
Any recipes?

Clary Sat 11-Dec-10 22:33:53

There are a couple of recipes in Nigella's Feast that always sound good (never tried them tho)

TooTiredtoGoogle Sun 12-Dec-10 19:27:51

Thanks Clary, I'll have a look.
Have also spotted a recipe in Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries.

Hulababy Sun 12-Dec-10 19:31:16

8y DD has chosen Christmas dinner this year - she and Dh take it in turns.

So her and DD are having duck with honey and figs (Nigel Slater recipe, DD saw it this week and really fancies it and dck is her fave meat), with roasted potatoes and steamed green vegetables, followed by Heston's christmas pudding. I will have fish I think, I don't eat meat.

Dexterrocks Sun 12-Dec-10 20:21:15

Lentil Hot Pot - loads of veggies and this is everyone' fav (even the non veggies). Not exotic but I suppose it is different

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now