Talk

Advanced search

Monopoly Revolution

(11 Posts)
tingletangle Sat 11-Dec-10 12:24:29

Every Christmas we buy a boardgame for the family and dd has suggetsed Monopoly Revolution. We have traditional monopoly already.

She does like the credit card version of the game of life, is this similar?

deaddei Sat 11-Dec-10 13:56:28

Monopoly City is good if a tad complicated- not heard of Revolution.

ChippingIn Sat 11-Dec-10 13:59:56

I have heard of it but don't know anything about it, it will be interesting to see what others say.

We always used to get at least one board game as part of our Christmas present. I quite like your tradition of choosing it together though - when do you 'get it' on Christmas Day with other presents or in time to play in the days before Christmas?

I did always get games I wanted though as I had a fully detailed Christmas List when I was young grin

AllGoodNamesGone Sat 11-Dec-10 19:58:01

We have monopoly revolution. I find it a bit of a fiddle having to put the credit cards in and out all the time but the kids think it's great!

tingletangle Sat 11-Dec-10 22:01:28

Yes I think the same with the new Game of Life with the credit card but dd loves it.

ChippingIn Sat 11-Dec-10 23:15:31

AllGood - how is it different to the original?

AllGoodNamesGone Sun 12-Dec-10 15:23:21

Main things is that instead of money, you have an electronic bank thingie and each player has a credit card that they insert when it's their turn. If you have to pay another player something you put both cards in and transfer the money.

Also, instead of chance cards, the board is divided into four zones and, sometimes, when someone removes their card from the bank at the end of their turn, it plays a noise and they pick a zone and all the players in that zone get the chance which comes up on the screen.

The board is round but has all the same streets etc and the house and hotels are the same.

It plays bits of music which everyone madly sings along to.

I am planning on setting the kids and grandparents going on it at Christmas and quietly slinking off!

SpringHeeledJack Sun 12-Dec-10 15:32:01

awwwww

I thought it was going to be one where you march into the banks and utilities and nationalise them all

[disappointed]

taffetazatyousantaclaus Sun 12-Dec-10 16:16:20

Ordered it for my nephews a few weeks back. The reviews are excellent, I want it for us but mine are still a bit too young.

tingletangle Sun 12-Dec-10 17:01:43

lol springheeled.

I will order it then.

ChippingIn Sun 12-Dec-10 17:25:00

I'm an old fashioned kind of a girl I like the monopoly money <something to do with it being the only money I have in the 1000's maybe??>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: